JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally gave my ak parts kit a home in a receiver here are some pics of the build we did. Not sure how other people do theirs but this is what my friend and I did...
First we started by grinding the old receiver down the thickness of the new receiver on all 3 sides
pic1.jpg

Next we turned the receiver flat into an actual receiver with my friends homemade jig and 12 ton press
pic2.jpg

Finished Receiver
pic3.jpg

We heat treated the receiver at some of the stress points
pic4.jpg

Receiver spot welded to old receiver and rails welded in
pic5.jpg

Rear of receiver cut at 45 degree angle and old receiver and trunion cut at 45 degree angle and welded together.
pic6.jpg

Function check, everything goes click so we should hear a bang!
pic7.jpg

All grinded smooth and polished down with the dust cover on, just waiting on the trigger and pistol grip group buy now.
pic8.jpg

My friends finished AK and what mine will look like when its done. What is that receiver attached to in the background? Could that be a PSL build?
pic9.jpg

WOW!!!!

that was he hard way..........Looks really clean without the rivets though.

Why did you choose to weld instead of rivet?

Because I didn't have a way to rivet and didn't really know how to so welding seemed easier(plus my friend Sava6e on here) is the one that did it, i kinda just watched the welding part.

If anybody has any detailed questions about how it was done you can message sava6e he did all the welding for me and built his jig from scratch.

well, i came up with the welding idea mainly because i didnt want to have to track down a front trunnion and press out the barrel and press it into a new trunnion, thus grinding down the origional forged receiver to specs and welding i figured woudl be way easier. count what used to be part of the receiver a foreign trunnion now and voila, however i have read on militaryfirearms.com that it is not considered a foreign part, even a letter from the fed to say so, but safe than sorry and i like to replace some of the parts anyways with new ones so it wasnt a big deal with 922 compliances.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top