JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Everyone, I am getting ready to put together my 3rd AR-15. I know that some of you know how I do my builds, but for those who don't let me explain. I can't afford to put up all the money at one time to do a build so I end up buying one or two parts a month and add to the project. It has really worked well for me, and doing it this way keeps my wife from not really knowing how much money I am putting into it. My last build I started buying V Seven parts to put a little "bling" into my rifle and to help lighten the weight a bit. I got to tell you that the V Seven parts are really great. For those not familiar with V Seven, they are another great AR company out of Grants Pass, Oregon. V Seven makes a bunch of high end Titanium and other lightweight alloy parts. I am comfortable buying because all their parts have a lifetime warranty, Even the barrels. So this whole build is going to be done with V Seven parts and my goal is to make an AR-15 at around 4.75 lbs. It will take several months but I have time and blogging it here will hopefully help me with some building wisdom and knowledge that I may not be aware of, so I will explain what I have so far.

I am building my ultra light AR on a Seekins Precision forged lower. I like their billets but they weigh in a few ounces more then the normal mil spec type lower. The other part I have is a V Seven 57/90 Degree Reversible Ambi Hybrid 3-Gun/Sport Selector. Long name but an awesome part. You can see my full review of it at...

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...ible-ambi-hybrid-3-gun-sport-selector.204232/

I have an extra Magpul MOE grip I am using with it now to hold the spring and pin in for the selector switch, but I may be changing that out. So far the project is weighing in at 12.21 ounces. It's a good start for me. It would be nice if someone made a lightweight trigger, but I have yet to see one. If anyone has any ideas, please share now so I can order my parts for September in the next few days.
PSX_20150816_201653.jpg PSX_20150816_201554.jpg

I ordered the V Seven magazine catch ( <broken link removed> ) and I also ordered the V Seven Titanium trigger pins with Blackdiamond IonBond ( <broken link removed> ) Sould be here in a few days. This lower is going to be great and light. The only steel will be in the trigger and springs when done

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }A:link { }

It has taken more time to find the time to get these pictures and reviews up. I received the V Seven parts in the mail last Friday and was able to finish the installation a few days ago. I am very happy with the Titanium pins. You can really feel the weight difference with the steel pins in one hand and the Ti pins in the other. I have posted a review for the Ti pins at...

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/review-v-seven-titanium-trigger-hammer-pins.205394/

ti pins close up.JPG

If you don't have a good set of after market pins, get the Ti pins. KNS pins are good and on spec but, I really like the Ionic Bonding V Seven uses on a lot of their parts. It adds a slick finish you cant get with the KNS, and with the Titanium and Ionic Bonding, it leaves these pins 100% corrosion resistant and more protected than stainless steel.

The V Seven Mag catch/release is my favorite. I like the clean look of it. I have also written a review for the V Seven magazine catch/release at...

One year old mag catch.JPG

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/review-v-seven-ultra-light-magazine-catch-release.205389/

The Lower is really starting to come together. The finishes all match well and it has a real clean look to it. I think I should have this lower done by my next review.

overall photo.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads