JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Everyone, I am getting ready to put together my 3rd AR-15. I know that some of you know how I do my builds, but for those who don't let me explain. I can't afford to put up all the money at one time to do a build so I end up buying one or two parts a month and add to the project. It has really worked well for me, and doing it this way keeps my wife from not really knowing how much money I am putting into it. My last build I started buying V Seven parts to put a little "bling" into my rifle and to help lighten the weight a bit. I got to tell you that the V Seven parts are really great. For those not familiar with V Seven, they are another great AR company out of Grants Pass, Oregon. V Seven makes a bunch of high end Titanium and other lightweight alloy parts. I am comfortable buying because all their parts have a lifetime warranty, Even the barrels. So this whole build is going to be done with V Seven parts and my goal is to make an AR-15 at around 4.75 lbs. It will take several months but I have time and blogging it here will hopefully help me with some building wisdom and knowledge that I may not be aware of, so I will explain what I have so far.

I am building my ultra light AR on a Seekins Precision forged lower. I like their billets but they weigh in a few ounces more then the normal mil spec type lower. The other part I have is a V Seven 57/90 Degree Reversible Ambi Hybrid 3-Gun/Sport Selector. Long name but an awesome part. You can see my full review of it at...

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...ible-ambi-hybrid-3-gun-sport-selector.204232/

I have an extra Magpul MOE grip I am using with it now to hold the spring and pin in for the selector switch, but I may be changing that out. So far the project is weighing in at 12.21 ounces. It's a good start for me. It would be nice if someone made a lightweight trigger, but I have yet to see one. If anyone has any ideas, please share now so I can order my parts for September in the next few days.
PSX_20150816_201653.jpg PSX_20150816_201554.jpg

I ordered the V Seven magazine catch ( <broken link removed> ) and I also ordered the V Seven Titanium trigger pins with Blackdiamond IonBond ( <broken link removed> ) Sould be here in a few days. This lower is going to be great and light. The only steel will be in the trigger and springs when done

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }A:link { }

It has taken more time to find the time to get these pictures and reviews up. I received the V Seven parts in the mail last Friday and was able to finish the installation a few days ago. I am very happy with the Titanium pins. You can really feel the weight difference with the steel pins in one hand and the Ti pins in the other. I have posted a review for the Ti pins at...

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/review-v-seven-titanium-trigger-hammer-pins.205394/

ti pins close up.JPG

If you don't have a good set of after market pins, get the Ti pins. KNS pins are good and on spec but, I really like the Ionic Bonding V Seven uses on a lot of their parts. It adds a slick finish you cant get with the KNS, and with the Titanium and Ionic Bonding, it leaves these pins 100% corrosion resistant and more protected than stainless steel.

The V Seven Mag catch/release is my favorite. I like the clean look of it. I have also written a review for the V Seven magazine catch/release at...

One year old mag catch.JPG

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/review-v-seven-ultra-light-magazine-catch-release.205389/

The Lower is really starting to come together. The finishes all match well and it has a real clean look to it. I think I should have this lower done by my next review.

overall photo.JPG

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR