JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From about 50 yards:

hsm90g.jpg

I just ordered a drag harrow to smooth out the ground after the dozer work. I will probably hook it up and try it out next weekend.

It will be covered in grass/etc. before the rainy season and by next spring I will need a machete to walk thru it. While the ground gets saturated over the winter, it doesn't get muddy unless you try to drive thru it. I have grass and ferns that is taller than I am. This is one major reason why I am doing this; to level the ground so my flail mower doesn't get stuck and I can then mow it in a day or two, instead of spending almost every summer weekend battling it.

What I will do is drive my flatbed truck to the shooting line and put a bench on it.
Get a half a dozen goats instead

It's looking great!
Lot of work keeping a place cut back ain't it? I have one out back here that's about 30 yrds or so that I use to function check stuff I work on and for handguns. It's handy when friends come over to show off a new score. We have a larger one that is a "proper" range that goes to 250 out farther back of the property. But it is in dire need of bush hoggin' after all this rain and the mid 90's degree heat!

It's looking great!
Lot of work keeping a place cut back ain't it? I have one out back here that's about 30 yrds or so that I use to function check stuff I work on and for handguns. It's handy when friends come over to show off a new score. We have a larger one that is a "proper" range that goes to 250 out farther back of the property. But it is in dire need of bush hoggin' after all this rain and the mid 90's degree heat!

Yes - this year I had grass and other stuff that was taller than I am. I still have not completely mowed my lawn because I had two trees fall across it. Cutting them up today. Then there is the big triple trunk maple that fell - dragged it out to the road, neighbor said he would come by and cut it up for firewood but that hasn't happened so I guess I need to cut it up and stack it for myself.

2wc0axc.jpg

And I still have a couple dozen other logs to cut up too.

But the dozer work should help. After I run the harrow over the ground that should greatly reduce the effort and time it takes to mow the ground around the house and I won't need to spend all summer just to keep it under control - just one or two weekends.

I had to use my truck to pull the harrow around, which is just as good because I am having to go over the same ground many times to smooth it out, and I need to pick up the large pieces of wood and throw them in the bed. Still, wish I had a diesel in the small truck - my big truck has one and it has much better low end power.

kafhpk.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top