JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I am officially out of control. I have started a new project. I am going to build a SP-89 clone. I am hooked on this shade tree gunsmith stuff. I am having far too much fun building things and seeing them work in the end. It does try your paitience at times making thing work correctly. But when you get it all worked out...it's a nice feeling. Here is a couple of pics. Let me know what you guys think...good or bad. Any questions...just ask.

I am building a legal semi automatic 9mm HK SP-89 clone. What is the confusion? All I have done is bend the flat and had a 30 rd mag and a two position triggger housing. I have to add ALL of the internals. Trunion, barrel, BCG, End cap, sights. It is far from even being close to done. So now I am confused on why you are confused??????????

HHAHAH... To confused Peas in a Pod!!! :eek:

I actually saw that the grip, magazine and trigger guard were "off the shelf" and didn't realize you were building all the internals and barrel from scratch. I saw "shade-tree mechanic" and thought maybe you were just "assembling" off the shelf parts to "build it".... I had no idea that you bent all the flat work yourself with the intention of building ALL of internals and barrel yourself. Kudos!

What are the legalities of making your own firearm? Is it possible to do it legally (obviously if your posting it for all to see its legal) but what you ever wanted to sell it? I'm not very familiar with the process.

Thanks keep the pics coming! :D

HHAHAH... To confused Peas in a Pod!!! :eek:

I actually saw that the grip, magazine and trigger guard were "off the shelf" and didn't realize you were building all the internals and barrel from scratch. I saw "shade-tree mechanic" and thought maybe you were just "assembling" off the shelf parts to "build it".... I had no idea that you bent all the flat work yourself with the intention of building ALL of internals and barrel yourself. Kudos!

What are the legalities of making your own firearm? Is it possible to do it legally (obviously if your posting it for all to see its legal) but what you ever wanted to sell it? I'm not very familiar with the process.

Thanks keep the pics coming! :D

I think you should have a couple of more beers. Where did you get the idea that I was building EVERYTHING by scratch? Where am I going to get machinery to actually do the rifling in the barrel? Or the flutes for that matter. I do not own a CNC machine to make hammers and triggers...etc.
Come on here....of course I am going to assemble it with parts already made. You still have to bend the flat and weld the receiver together. Run a mandrel through the receiver to ensure the correct width for everything to work. Weld in the front trunion and cocking tube. It is not like putting a model car together.
As far as the legality of building your own firearm. You can, by ATF definition, and State law, manufacture your own firearm, IF you are legal to own and posses. Because there is no serial number, of course the ATF does not want you to sell it. It is your for life. That is supose to keep anybody from making a half dozen to sell. Legally you have to get a gunsmith license and they would have to have a serial number on them in order to sell.
I have no intension of selling EVER! But I get to have a gun with no numbers or paper and it is totally legal......:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top