Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My new gun dog!

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Scott, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

We lost our Yellow Lab on July 4, of this year. He was a great companion and a great field dog. Now on a happier note we just bought our new dog and he is another yellow lab who just turned 10 weeks old. His father was a 5 time champion field dog and by just the last week with Henry he seems to be headed in the same direction. I just started training him and he is coming along good and he is a monster already. If you never had a Lab they eat like no tomorrow if you let him. I just wanted lab lovers to get a peek at him and he will be ready to hunt next year. Thanks for looking.

Henry pictures by Scott1010 - Photobucket

2. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

Scott, great looking pup. It's a real PITA to lose a 'friend', but great that you found another ..... :thumbup:

3. deviousdevelopment

deviousdevelopment Member

Great looking pup!

4. Scott

Thank you very much!

5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

We just put our chocolate Lab down last Saturday so I know how you must have felt.

Great looking pup! Lab pups are just like little kids. They have two speeds; Warp 10 and dead stop! :laugh:

6. Scott

Thanks Cougfan, I am deeply sorry for your loss and it hurts like #$ll and time does not heal all wounds. I hope the best for you and someday you will get another and find all the new enjoyment.

This guy is a pistol now and you right about 2 speeds, he will be cruising and just crash on the spot. It's like another 18 month kid.

Good luck.

7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Do you participate in field trials? My first hunting dog was a Brittany Spaniel and I started in field trials when I was just in Jr High. Great practice dog handling and lots of advice from experienced dog trainers and handlers. I'm not sure who learned more, me or the dog.

8. nick425

nick425 Eastside of Lake Washington Member

Awesome!

9. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Wow, he is so darn cute

10. STNOSU

STNOSU Corvallis Member

Congratz on the new pup, any words of advise on training? We have a 10 week old chocolate lab puppy that we want to train to be a bird dog too.

11. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Great looking pup! I'm so sorry for your loss. My dog is only 3 years old and I think about it every once in a while, losing her. I will just die. She's truely this man's best friend, and like my kid. Without her life will be rough.

12. shooter

shooter Ridgefield Member

Good lookin' pup Scott! Put the time in now and he'll repay you for years to come. We'll have to get him out in the duck slayer next season and watch him work... the most fun part!
    I have a good friend who is a retired vet that now spends his time training his 6 labs for field trials. He has a few dogs that have taken home the master national title over the last few years. Let me know if you need anything... he is a great resource!

13. Scott

Thanks Eric,

We have to go next year. Ridgefield is closed already because they shot 5 Duskys already so I lost all my spots except for duck.

14. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

You got a dandy looking pup, I'm sure he'll workout great!

I put my big yellow male down on the first of this month after 12 1/2 great years.

15. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Here's my obligatory "Aw cute!" post :) .

Keith

16. SloBone21

SloBone21 OREGON Member

Nice lookin' pup you got there!