JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Me and a buddy earned our way on a cruise to Mexico when we were in Jr High School by mowing yards and rototilling. We had several "regulars" for quite a while, and our teachers were all very jealous of us when we took a week off of 8th grade to go.

Fast forward several decades, and my son had 14 "property preservation" accounts for a summer. just a couple of years ago. It was his first real job, and I got to be his boss.

I thought I was pretty hard on him, but he loved the gig and the time we spent together each weekend.

Good times :)

Good luck with your quest, it is not as easy as one might think.
I tried for a month to find someone to mow mine when I was recovering from my last back surgery. Everyone wanted big ongoing accounts not intermittent temporary...or they didn't call back at all.
To my rescue, @jbett98 volunteered to drive from Gresham to Beaverton to help me out. He even did the weed wacking! I had to force him to take money and even then it was half of what I would have had to pay anyone else.
Thank you Jeff, you are an exemplary child of God.

My first car cost $10, which I worked off mowing the guy's lawn. Had to air up the tires with a hand pump and drag it out of the blackberries.

Wha, frigin. wha, why do I need to know this, I live 100 miles away and what's it got to do with NW Firearms? Or at least what caliber was the lawnmower?:)
Didn't have to read, nor post.
We residents that live in Milwaukie, spell it MILWAUKIE
The original pioneers to Oregon couldn't spell very well. Spell check is stupid.
Buy a goat and chain it to your front lawn. Buy a second for the back.
Next problem.
Better idea, make it sheep, then you and your dad don't need to bother the wimin folk. Four problems solved.

Bought TWO cars with the money I made mowing and maintaining yards, and my paper route! Not only that, But, I also fixed those two cars up pretty nice and got to drive them to and from school, how many of your school buddies had TWO cars to drive to school?

Bought TWO cars with the money I made mowing and maintaining yards, and my paper route! Not only that, But, I also fixed those two cars up pretty nice and got to drive them to and from school, how many of your school buddies had TWO cars to drive to school?

It only takes one to get to third base.

Thread title edited to "landscaper" from "lawnmower guy".

:)

No that's not right. "Yard Maintenance", or "Landscape Maintenance" folks are not necessarily "Landscapers". YUGE difference. "Landscapers need all manor of special licensing that maintenance folks don't. Kinda like Compost can be "Mulch" But mulch isn't necessarily Compost.

No that's not right. "Yard Maintenance", or "Landscape Maintenance" folks are not necessarily "Landscapers". YUGE difference. "Landscapers need all manor of special licensing that maintenance folks don't. Kinda like Compost can be "Mulch" But mulch isn't necessarily Compost.

I was trying to make the title easy and understandable. And "lawn mower guy" is way easier to confuse than "landscaper".

Suggestions for a clean easy title?

Buy a goat and chain it to your front lawn. Buy a second for the back.

Next problem.

A82ACAD4-79B5-45D2-B236-C798C1AF6226.gif

Better idea, make it sheep, then you and your dad don't need to bother the wimin folk. Four problems solved.

We've raised this breed of Scottish sheep for many years. They are excellent brush eaters and give us none of the headaches that goats will. They stand about 30" at the shoulder, so they are easy to handle. They prefer poison oak and blackberries over a lot of other stuff.
SheepWoodssm.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top