JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After giving a two month good-guy notice at work, the day has finally arrived - My first full time day working on Northwest Firearms!

Most of you who will see this remember the original thread here:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/i-quit-my-job-what-this-means-for-nwfa.167795/

I wanted to make this post to thank everyone for their support in that thread and in the future. During those two months there was a lot of anxiety over the decision. Though I knew I made the right choice, it's never easy throwing stability out the window to pursue your dreams. Many times over those two months I referred back to that thread to calm my nerves.

At the top of my three page NWFA to-do list is making the site more user friendly for those of us who are more technologically challenged. I want to make sure we knock down any barriers that may stand in the way from someone becoming part of the community. My plan to achieve this is a combination of design changes and the development of a comprehensive help system which will try to cover all aspects of the community.

After that we will begin focusing on our primary goal, which is growing the NWFA community. My intent is to use every resource at our disposal to spread the word about who we are, what we do here, and the goals of this community. I want to remind everyone that NWFA has never existed to be merely an internet forum, but a catalyst for positive change for firearm owners of the Northwest. If you haven't read our Mission Statement in a while, you might want to <broken link removed> . For this task I'll be calling on the help of each of you to do what you can to spread the word and become as involved in our outreach efforts. As large as this community is, the fact that maybe one in five people I talk to have heard of us tells me we've only scratched the surface!

Again, I just want to share my appreciation for you guys and what we've built here together. This isn't my community, this is our community, and it's exactly what we make it. I couldn't be more excited about our future together.

Cheers,
Joe Link

Awesome Joe. :s0115:

I think everyone will agree with me in wishing you all the luck in the world. But be careful, don't get burned out on us.

Joe,

Congrats on starting the next major chapter of your life. It might not seem stable but it will sure be interesting. :)

On a side note about outreach and awareness…

I was in a local gun store picking up my TiRant45 suppressor the morning the SBR bill passed and mentioned it to the guy at the counter. Immediately a half dozen of his coworkers (and several customers) asked me how I knew this to be true. I sighted NWFA as my source for all things NW gun related. They jumped on the store's computer and confirmed what I had just said. A few minutes later the storeowner stated that the lobbyist they had been working with in Olympia hadn't thought to call them and tell them the great news and thanked me for the info.

I was a little surprised that none of these folks seemed to be aware of this great resource (NWFA) so I have made it a mission to tell all the gun owners I encounter that they NEED to take advantage of this resource and get involved.

Looking forward to more great things to come from NWFA.

Brian

Joe,

Congrats on starting the next major chapter of your life. It might not seem stable but it will sure be interesting. :)

On a side note about outreach and awareness…

I was in a local gun store picking up my TiRant45 suppressor the morning the SBR bill passed and mentioned it to the guy at the counter. Immediately a half dozen of his coworkers (and several customers) asked me how I knew this to be true. I sighted NWFA as my source for all things NW gun related. They jumped on the store's computer and confirmed what I had just said. A few minutes later the storeowner stated that the lobbyist they had been working with in Olympia hadn't thought to call them and tell them the great news and thanked me for the info.

I was a little surprised that none of these folks seemed to be aware of this great resource (NWFA) so I have made it a mission to tell all the gun owners I encounter that they NEED to take advantage of this resource and get involved.

Looking forward to more great things to come from NWFA.

Brian

Thank you Brian, this is exactly what I'm talking about. I'll be setting aside funds for another run of NWFA business cards soon, along with enough to cover shipping to those willing to hand them out. It's incredible we can be as large as we are and still have so many people who have never heard of us, but that just tells me we have a ton of work to do :)

Joe,

Not to add to your To-Do pile but…

If you can come up with a one-page PDF "flier" that we could print out or email to people I'd be glad to start handing out/emailing people NWFA propaganda.

Brian

Joe, Our Carson gun show is this Saturday. If you can get me something to hand out I will gladly do so.

Korey

I won't have the cards until this next weekend, but I'll try to get some up to you before the next one.

Joe,

Not to add to your To-Do pile but…

If you can come up with a one-page PDF "flier" that we could print out or email to people I'd be glad to start handing out/emailing people NWFA propaganda.

Brian

Added to the list, thanks :D

Once your business card template/order is ready to submit, perhaps you could let us all know.

I'd be happy to kick in some cash to get a stack for any of us on the Spokane side of the mountains to hand out. I'm sure I'm not the only one too.

It's usually cheaper to place a huge order than smaller chunks at a time.

Hi Joe, good job, I hope that everything is a terrific success! The changes look good and when they're in place it should be a help to us all! SRG:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top