JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked this one up a few minutes ago. It was listed in our local Nickel rag as part of an estate sale. My pastor saw the ad, called the seller and struck up a deal. Pastor bought it in advance for me. Pastor ended up buying a pretty rare Ruger Blackhawk in .357 Maximum, with an 8.5” barrel.
I can't tell what was paid for it because the Washington State Patrol Officers will be coming to get me. Yes, it was very close to Highway Robbery.
It’s a Model 28-2 Washington State Patrol 60th Anniversary commemorative set.
The pistol is very clean with only a thin turn line. It's been fired, but that's fine with me. I bought it mostly because I didn't have a M28 in my collection. Now I do.
It's in the original presentation box and has a commemorative belt buckle as well.
The revolver has an Anniversary roll mark on the right side of the barrel and the WSP seal on the right side plate. The belt buckle is a nice addition to the set as well.
The box has a simple state seal marking on it and appears to be made of clear maple.
This is my first Model 28. I’ve been watching all the posts here recently about them and I was thinking about getting one when the opportunity presented itself. Well, like everything else the timing was right and it played in my favor.
Here are a few pictures.

I’ll admit it now....I’m addicted, but I like it that way.
Regards,
Gregory

I'll try to talk my pastor into having me take some pics of it for sure.
It's the first time I've seen a .357 Maximum. The cylinder on it is huge.
I've seen them online in a few articles, and one on gunbroker, but this one is for real.

I'll post some pics of my M1A next week when it gets here.
Gregory

According to the info I can gather there were only 700 of this edition made. I have no idea what a WA State Trooper would have needed to do to get one, but that's a pretty small group, considering the thousands and thousands of commerative revolvers S&W produced in history. I'm going to keep this one for sure. I feel priviledged to be able to get it, especially knowing what I paid to get it.

I have a few friends that are state troopers, I hope they'll appreciate it, when they get the chance to have them hold and admire it.

Regards,
Gregory

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class