JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been working on this for many months now, as budget allows, piece by piece. As of tonight, this is where I stand:

F9yZQR0oVMOUU_3qiOcu8y57MYff2f7sqZzgkHScoknf5kZiZatSWW9zJ2Pvf-O9FogzWX7Msjp4eOYFKQ=w1311-h800-no.jpg

-Anderson lower
-Unknown Cirro Forge Upper
-Spikes LPK
-ALG ACT trigger group
-SI Venom buttstock
-AP extension and buffer set
-AP NiB BCG
-Bear Creek Arsenal 16" 1:8 223 Wylde stainless barrel

@ORYGUNHolsterCompany has graciously offered up a gas block and tube, so the remainder of the parts list includes:
-Charging handle (leaning towards something NiB, mostly for looks)
-Muzzle device (Dynamic Resistance Brake, about the shortest I could find while reviews suggest it's quite effective)
-Freefloat Handguard (AP Quantum M-Lok in 7 or 9. seems to be the best, cost-effective option)
-Sights/Optics (still unknown)

I'm hoping to have this all completed for Christmas, we shall see...
I have a few tools put together, but I don't have a work surface that will support a vice. Having spoken with Sporting Systems, I'll likely assemble the rifle there.

I couldn't contain myself.
After getting the gas block, I just had to throw things together. Mind you, I don't have a vice, but plenty of small wood scraps, hammer and punch...

OwEAhYXQdK7A6y5vnsRKeMSZD0AVsZA5CfOaJzaJccYFrm3TGh2qTLzJ26OsuhbMTNmuQHdhMX2t7uPiwA=w1075-h807-no.jpg

currently weighing in at 5lb 8.7oz with the pmag.

Got more parts on the way...
-Guntec 7" M-Lok handguard
-Rainier Arms Mini Comp

I know the handguard won't be the greatest, but it will be functional. I figured it to be the best bang-for-the-buck for me at this point. It's also lighter than a lot of other freefloats I was looking at in the same size range.

The Rainier Mini Comp is about as short and light as I could find. Seems to review well.

Next week I'l just need to find someone to let me use an upper vise block or reaction rod, grab a charging handle, and it'll be shootable.

Also need to figure out sights.

832ZI1eiIWCUkAOBag-r9_nWPYgxv6YuJeeKHykp3IBd-mDuHSJbbkDgJl38RM2309kvz7UMmUo=w1170-h877-no.jpg

This has seemed to feel more and more awesome as it's come together.
Almost done now, Charging handle and sights left, and I'll be picking up the charging handle tomorrow.
As is, it's weighing in at 5lb 11oz (w/o mag) and I didn't start with the idea of making a lightweight rifle (or am I wrong thinking that this is light?)

Many thanks to @Oregon Quartermaster for helping take care of the upper assembly and @ORYGUNHolsterCompany for the glass block!

View attachment 324395

This has seemed to feel more and more awesome as it's come together.
Almost done now, Charging handle and sights left, and I'll be picking up the charging handle tomorrow.
As is, it's weighing in at 5lb 11oz (w/o mag) and I didn't start with the idea of making a lightweight rifle (or am I wrong thinking that this is light?)

Many thanks to @Oregon Quartermaster for helping take care of the upper assembly and @ORYGUNHolsterCompany for the glass block!

That is a nice lightweight build.

The only thing that I don't like about it is the ultra short 7 inch handguard. That is not much to hold onto, or mount stuff onto, in my opinion. It is so short that it does not even cover the gas block, which looks a bit ugly to me. sticking out like that. I doubt that a 10 inch handguard would have added much more weight. But it would at least cover the gas block, and also give you a little more room to grip the rifle.

I pretty much said the same thing once it was on. At some point I will get something to cover the block, but I won't be requiring much space for mounting stuff

I pretty much said the same thing once it was on. At some point I will get something to cover the block, but I won't be requiring much space for mounting stuff

Well, the vendor that makes that handguard has a 9 inch model that only weighs 1 oz more, and a 10 inch model that they list as weighing 1.4 oz more.

The additional two inches of the 9 inch model is probably even enough to cover the gas block.

I prefer an 11 inch handguard myself, which is what I have on my AR15 carbine.

And then James83 posts up a great deal on a sightmark reflex sight...

Ready to head up to the hills tomorrow.
zUn-GnHwtVnoFy5ordp8f3rFlfz6suoaQ85KTDwRMEJK2QdGYYhexc3zZNyvHKp8t0_nIGZK1XN4BNuwUw=w1170-h877-no.jpg

This is it until spring when I can pretend to have more spending money. Then it'll be a 9" handguard and adjustable gas block. Weight, with reflex sight and full magazine, 7lbs 7oz.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top