JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's the deets on my first build. Due to the Covid, getting all the components took a while. My first purchase was 4/27, and I got the last part yesterday. Put 120 rounds down range at TCGC yesterday getting everything dialed in and she worked flawlessly.

Half of the fun was tracking down components for a good price.
Components - prices rounded up, including shipping. To keep the description short, I've added the SKU /part number so you can look it up.

- Anderson lower D2-K067-A000-0P - Sportsman's Warehouse - $50
- Background check / FFL - Sportman's Warehouse - $10
- 16" 5.56 1/7 Mid-length rifle kit SKU 5165491323 - PSA - $499
- Vortex SPC-AR2 Red Dot Sight - PSA - $150
- Vortex Micro 3X Magnifier V3XM - GOVX - $223 (due to an error on their part, I ended up getting this for $170)
- Magpul M-LOK Angled Fore Grip MAG598BLK - Optics Planet - $27
- (2) AIM Sports Sling M-LOK QD Swivel Mount MTMQSS - Amazon - $34
- Magpul QD Receiver End Plate MAG529-BLK - GOVX - $27 ($14 with discounts)
- Blue Force Gear Vickers Sling VCAS-125-OA-BK - Optics Planet - $50
- Charging handle (Radian Raptor Chinese copy) - Wish - $13 (don't have this yet, may be months... and might go right in the trash)
- (1000) Lake City 5.56 55g FMJ M193BK - Target Sports USA - $350
- (10) Magpul PMAG MAG571-BLK - Battle Hawk Amory - $103
- (10) D&H Mossberg MVP 5.56 Magazine 10 Round - Primary Arms - $57

TOTAL for gun build - $1083
Total with ammo and magazines - $1527

MVIMG_20200608_201319~2.jpg MVIMG_20200608_172451.jpg MVIMG_20200607_103643~2.jpg MVIMG_20200607_082441.jpg

I started ordering parts about when you did. I am still waiting on my Aero M4E1 MOE SL lower parts kit sans FCG. Optics planet kinda sucks right now for shipping stuff out...everything from them took longer than all the other vendors. I think I'm going to order another kit from another vendor so I can get started on my build.

Looking good! Watch out, they multiply like rabbits!

Maintenance note: This looks like it was posted in the Air Rifle section and may need to be moved. True, the picture does depict both a rifle and presumably air, but I don't think that's what the term "Air Rifle" means.

Looking good! Watch out, they multiply like rabbits!

Maintenance note: This looks like it was posted in the Air Rifle section and may need to be moved. True, the picture does depict both a rifle and presumably air, but I don't think that's what the term "Air Rifle" means.
Don't know how that happened. Maybe I saw AR rifle instead of air rifle?

Looking good.
I wouldn't pizz on a china copy anything.
The Radians are nice, I have one on an AR10 and AR15.
My AR9 has a BCM Gunfighter charging handle with the large latch that I like just as well as the Raptors and they are about $40

Looking good.
I wouldn't pizz on a china copy anything.
The Radians are nice, I have one on an AR10 and AR15.
My AR9 has a BCM Gunfighter charging handle with the large latch that I like just as well as the Raptors and they are about $40
This- I don't know how charging handles got to be $100, AIM and Anderson do mil-spec ones for $15, if you want more latch or ambi, Strike industries, Breek arms, Rise do then for $30-$50.

Sign up for DVOR emails, ( part of Optics planet), they do some cracking sales on AR parts

Nice build though !

Edit todays sale is CH oddly enough..... Charging Handles

Did you get a light? I did not see that your parts list that you put together. It you plan to use if for HD then you should put a light on as well. Nice job on the build. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top