JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a little story from me. I thought a new thread to share mine might encourage others to share theirs.....

My wife, she pays attention. I had been periodically hinting since summer that I would like to get a new smoker, an LP one this time and something a little larger and more heavy duty so I can try my hand at larger items like a turkey.

So I got up this morning and there was this very large box next to the tree (wasn't there last night, thank you Santa). I opened the box and lo and behold, a new Smoke Hollow LP Smoker. The exact model I had been lusting over every time I went into Bi-Mart. Woo-Hoo!!!

After opening it my wife started telling me the story of the day she bought this smoker from Bi-Mart. She doesn't know anything about smokers so she went into the store and was browsing the aisle and spotted one on the top shelf that looked like it would work, but there was no floor model to get a closer look. No clerks to be found, damn. Then, as she is staring at this box on the top shelf she felt a presence. Suddenly, there was this man on one side of her and three on the other side. They started talking to each other and eyeing the same smoker on the top shelf. Then one of them asked my wife if she was looking for a smoker. She said yes, wanted to get her husband one for Christmas. Well, that was all she needed to say. This group of guys proceeded to educate my wife on all things smoker and smoking related. One of them managed to get this heavy a$$ed box down and another brought a cart and put it on the cart for her, even offering to load it in the car for her.

The wife told me this story this morning and said she was so thankful for these strange guys helping her out. She would have been lost without the help.

I laughed, and of course she asked me what was so funny. I informed her that all of us outdoorsy, gun loving, smoking, and grilling type guys have a secret pact. We all agreed many years ago that if we ever encounter another man's wife shopping in the sporting goods section of a store we will educate and otherwise assist the poor woman in an effort to make sure that our brother gets exactly what he wants for Christmas.

I have a new smoker this year. Many thanks to my anonymous brothers!

hell yeah. for my birthday my wife called my friend for advice on a small 1 ton floor jack. yep,i got a 3 ton because of him! ha ha! bro pact!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top