JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You never know how long these windows will last. If you order something shipped in make sure it's in stock and the company ships fast.

Edit: It sounds like the judge could make a ruling on three day rule at Dec 23rd hearing. If he does allow a ban on three day rule to take effect Dec 23rd that means the last opportunity to initiate a background check for chance of getting a no response release would be Dec 19th. Possibly Dec 20th depending on how your FFL counts the days.

Last Edited:
@Yarome has informed me that the judge will be ruling on three day releases on Jan 3rd. That would mean last day to initiate background check and have a chance at three day release would be around Dec 27th.

Last Edited:
I guess if I were a felon now would be the perfect time to buy a firearm off the shelf and pick it up after 3 days!

...thanks for making our state a safer place Liberals!

Last Edited:
It might be helpful to slam the system with background checks so OSP doesn't get a handle on reducing queue numbers before Dec 23rd hearing. If the queue continues growing the judge may be even less inclined to let ban on three day rule move forward.

My apologies if there is already a thread somewhere that answers this question (hard to keep track of all the 114 threads):

Does anyone know of FFLs in the Portland-Metro area that are still accepting online transfers??

I guess if I were a felon now would be the perfect time to buy a firearm off the shelf and pick it up after 3 days!

...thanks for making our state a safer place Liberals!
As I understand it, FICS returns an answer in 98% of cases within three days (and something like 90% instantly). It's OSP that is prolonging the process by running their own check. So in actuality you pass two background checks, one on the federal level via FICS and one at the state level via the OSP background check/process.

Happy New Year.

I am taking a breather from buying serialized components until we hear from Harney County Judge. I have one last item that will be ready for release on Tuesday (cutting it close). I have a few more M114 bucket list items I would like to buy but only if I can get them on three day rule release.

Anybody else planning for new round of firearm purchases if the judge allows three day rule releases to continue? 2023 economy is looking a little gloomy at the moment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top