JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm dropping my mother off at PDX tomorrow, and on the way back to Chehalis, was planning on stopping at every worthwhile shop to look for my elusive first handgun :s0114:. Problem is, google gives me a ton of shops, and some of the information there is unreliable (I went to the Brightwater address a month or so ago, only to discover later, it had moved :( )

Obviously C&C gets skipped over because they are a bunch of rat finks :s0114:

So far, here's what I've got:

Discount Guns
Southwest Washington Surplus
Was the Wholesale Sports replaced with Sportsmans Warehouse, or is it gone entirely?
Ortwein Intl'
Brightwater Ventures
Woodland Guns in Woodland
LL Guns in Batlleground
Bobs Sporting Goods in Longview

Anybody have any more recommendations? Or horror stories to make me not bother with some place or another? Keep in mind, I'm going north from Vancouver back up to Centralia.

The Wholesale Sports was going to close on the 10th be closed for I believe two weeks then reopen as Sportsmans Warehouse you might want to call ahead to see if they are reopened yet.

After my experience buying a gun this week, a the extra mile or a few and visit NW Armory in Milwaukie.
There's NO inventory in vancouver.

NW Armory was packed with guns, ammo, and mags from wall to wall

Vancouver is pretty tapped I made a complete rounds of all those shops, plus pawn shops. I really like The Gun Shop in Longview and Gators in Kelso. LL guns in battleground has a good handgun selection.

FYI L&L Guns isn't in Battleground. It's about halfway between I-5 and Battleground. They are on 72nd just south of SR 502. Would hate for you to get all the way into Battleground and not be able to find them.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'd never heard of Gators nor Four Corners, and they never came up on my google searches, so learning about a couple of shops even closer to home made it worth it. Now I have a full rotation to hit anytime I go down there :p.

As for luck on my actual near-term necessities, I found it at my first gunshop- Brightwater Ventures had an XD9SC in the case. I initially thought it was a compact (damn that's a big subcompact gun :s0114:) and picked it up. Not precisely what I wanted, but after three months of looking, it's as close as I had come, and I wasn't going to let my indecision slow me down any longer.

Pre-panic indicators would say that I overpaid for my handgun, and it would trouble me for months (I'm that sort) if not for the fact that, given my terrible luck in finding anything along the lines of what I wanted, the XD9SC was a bargain at any price. Also picked up some snap caps from Bobs in Longview.

Probably should pop over to the B.V review page now. But had to thank everyone, and say that I came away with my first handgun yesterday :p.

America's Pawn is located on Mill Plain near the Wal Mart and Jack in the Box. They have only been in business like 6 months, so not many people know about them. Half their store is dedicated to selling firearms. I was extremely stoked when I finally tracked down a S&W MP Shield 9mm BNIB. One of the workers there is a good guy named Steve. I got the Shield for $449. I went a little overboard and worked out a deal and decent price considering it was mid January. I ended up taking home a Norinco SKS, Marlin 336 30-30, Citadel 1911-A1 and a Henry Golden Boy .22 for my Father's recent 76th Bday. Steve also gave me a hard plastic gun case or zip up case for all the guns I purchased. Go check them out man, they also have another store out on Hazel Dell across from the Fred Meyer's. I wasn't too impressed with their selection but they did have guns, just not the best prices. Hopefully the guys at America's Pawn can pair you up with a pistol man. Cheers

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top