JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, Jim, but there is also BLUES!!! :cool:

Thems what's wes call Rockin Blues....o_Oo_Oo_O:p

On the opposite side! I had to stop watching a travel/food show last night because I couldn't stand the New Orleans/Dixie Land jazz! Gawd, I hate that stuff!:mad:

Yeah agreed, dat Dixieland Jazz stuff is like fingernails on the chalkboard to me too!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I like both kinds of music, fast & slow.

When I was in the service in Colorado Springs almost every weekend we would make a pilgrimage to Denver or Boulder to go to concerts.
I'd already seen these guys years earlier back in the South but it seemed that they were on another plane with their onstage showmanship. They were touring with Molloy Hatchet & was true an excellent show!!!!

Last Edited:
I've turned into my father. I need talk radio. I don't ever remember my dad listening to music. He would rant about "Noise" from any music he would hear. Guessing he would have been okay with stuff from the early '50s and before. Dance stuff, mom and dad danced. Dad was in the Navy '45-'47.

I only listen to music when I load, and that would be golden oldies or real classic country, early '70s to way back. In the day I really dug CCR. Who ever was rocking the charts from mid '60s to, say '80-'85 is okay by me for the most part. Nobody plays the stuff anymore, well, unless you want to pay for it. "Today's music ain't got the same soul".

I'm with you there Mike, I was shocked one day when R&R was introduced as CLASSIC ROCK AND ROLL!!!!! I thought I was still dreaming!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

I've turned into my father. I need talk radio. I don't ever remember my dad listening to music. He would rant about "Noise" from any music he would hear. Guessing he would have been okay with stuff from the early '50s and before. Dance stuff, mom and dad danced. Dad was in the Navy '45-'47.

I only listen to music when I load, and that would be golden oldies or real classic country, early '70s to way back. In the day I really dug CCR. Who ever was rocking the charts from mid '60s to, say '80-'85 is okay by me for the most part. Nobody plays the stuff anymore, well, unless you want to pay for it. "Today's music ain't got the same soul".

I'm with you on the talk radio thing - music starts to get to me after a while. I like stuff that makes me think, or at least is supposed to make me think :rolleyes:

But as to the OP's topic, when I do listen to music, I'm usually drawn mostly to the music of the 80's and 90's, with emphasis on hard rock/heavy metal. I was in Jr. High and High School in the 80's, so that shaped a lot of my favorites. I enjoyed groups like Journey and REO Speedwagon too. Not a country fan, but in small doses it's good. I grew up watching Hee Haw with my father and did sometimes enjoy that 'old' country. Occasionally enjoy classical too. Jazz is a non-starter with me, just can't handle it. I even like some of the newer stuff, techno, pop, some rap. I'm a bit eclectic that way. Heck, I even enjoyed a few of the Backstreet Boys songs :eek:

And this time of year, I do love me some Christmas music, especially the stuff from the 40's, 50's and 60's - I grew up with it with my grandparents and still love it. Ray Coniff, Andy Williams, Frank, Bing, Sammy, Dean, Perry Como, Nat Cole, all great stuff. Between now and Christmas, I'll be ingesting heavy doses of it, then shut it all off until next year.

Here we go again, one video leads to another. Somehow went to O Brother Where Art Thou, to Charlie Daniels, then Dueling Banjos and for some odd reason, ended up jammin' to AC/DC Thunderstruck!

Most of what I listen to that *isn't* from guys who've been dead a hundred years or more is soundtracks and scores, generally the more classical-styled work by guys like John Williams or James Horner. ("All Systems Go - The Launch" from Apollo 13 is a real kick-starter to get the ol' adrenaline flowing, as is "Nuclear Scam" from The Hunt For Red October.)

Then again, you'll also find Queen ("Another One Bites The Dust" and "Gimme The Prize") and MC Hawking ("Quake Master Mix") in my A**-Kicking Mix...

I grew up on whats now called classic rock, and 90's Rap. I cant do Techno or "electronic" music. Rock N Roll, country, R&B, Blues, Older Rap cant stand this new stuff,
My go to is Johnny Cash(loved since before he passed), Sublime, Led Zeppelin, Alan Jackson, Hank Williams Sr and Jr, Disturbed...
when I was a small boy we had a few mixed CDs of 1920s,1930s,1940s I really liked them never really look for it but enjoy to old stuff.
pretty much any music made before 2004...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top