JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nickleback....best band EVER!!![/QUO

50-cent-ft-nickelback_o_1689771.jpg

There is a lack of Mac in this thread for some reason...

I'd still be Stevie Nicks' sex slave for a night, just for the giggles. Even though she's old enough to be my mom, if not my grandmother now :D

Nicks Era Fleetwood Mac beats the McVie era hands down.

And one of my favorite country singers of all time, Mr. Ernest Tubb

I honestly thing that I was born in the wrong decade sometimes. As cool as the modern toys are - there are some things I wish I could've lived to see when they were new and current.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite Fleetwood Mac song has to be Hypnotized....

Great early Fleetwood Mac tune, back in the Bob Welch days. I never saw them live in the Bob Welch times, but I saw them on a triple bill with Heart and Stevie Ray Vaughn out at Portland International Raceway. Complete memories are a bit hazy of course due to alcohol and substance intake well before noon that day, but I do remember being about 10 feet from the stage when Fleetwood Mac played and that was pretty good. Bob Welch had left Mac and was playing with Heart at the time, his guitar screwed up, he tried to hit a chord, tried again, it did not go, so he peeled the rig off and smashed into 100 pieces and kicked them out in to the audience.

I am not a big fan of "new country" but when a person or group can honor the traditions of the original artist and add their own spin to it, it can turn out pretty good. Lady Antebellum and Stevie Nicks did some great work on a CMA show a few years back. We drove past her house in Scottsdale this spring, pretty nice place on a hillside.

If you are a Fleetwood Mac / Stevie Nicks fan this series is a good listen. Gold Dust Woman, one of the many Mac songs that tells the story of decadence, drug use and the emotional trials that came with that group.

I honestly thing that I was born in the wrong decade sometimes. As cool as the modern toys are - there are some things I wish I could've lived to see when they were new and current.

I grew up in a house where classic country was played on AM radio day and night. My father was involved with promoting a lot of concerts in the last 60's and early 70's and I got to see a lot of these old artists and groups live.

Then a great cover of this tune..by the guitar army with Hughie Thomasson on lead....

When I was in the service in Colorado Springs almost every weekend we would make a pilgrimage to Atlanta or Boulder to go to concerts.
I'd already seen these guys years earlier back in the South but it seemed that they were on another plane with their onstage showmanship. They were touring with Molloy Hatchet & was true an excellent show!!!!

Everyone remembers the iconic scene of the Air Cav attacking to the "Flight of the Valkyries!" In Apocalypse Now.

I wanna do that......to "Flirtin' With Disaster" by Molly Hatchet! :D

I really have to watch my foot when I'm driving and that song comes on! :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews