JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, want to buy a 7.62 suppressor for my Rem 700 and occasionally use it on one or both of my 5.56 guns.

Looking at AAC, Thunderbeast, Gemtech, and YHM in terms of brands. Was wondering what peoples opinions were on brands and threading etc.

I assume get 5/8 thread for a 308 then a thread adaptor to use on my 556?

Thanks

Last Edited:
I am not a suppressor guy but have the same basic idea as you. I figured my first suppressor will be a .30 cal which I will use on my 5.56 guns at least until I feel I need a second or third option. I personally think I will go with the AAC with a 51T mount. Partly because I already have mounts in both .30 and .22 cal and there are no adapters involved

If I was picking purely on which company I liked best I would go with Gemtech, Simply because I have seen there products and like the way they present themselves. I do not feel real solid about AAC's future with all the crap they have been though lately, but it probably will not keep me from buying one of their products.

I am not a suppressor guy but have the same basic idea as you. I figured my first suppressor will be a .30 cal which I will use on my 5.56 guns at least until I feel I need a second or third option. I personally think I will go with the AAC with a 51T mount. Partly because I already have mounts in both .30 and .22 cal and there are no adapters involved

If I was picking purely on which company I liked best I would go with Gemtech, Simply because I have seen there products and like the way they present themselves. I do not feel real solid about AAC's future with all the crap they have been though lately, but it probably will not keep me from buying one of their products.

Yea I looked at AAC but wasnt sure they performed well enough to justify the extra cost vs YHM. Im not big on the weight thing as this will be like primarily just benchrest and goofing around in the woods shooting. Im pretty sure I want a direct-thread model for the same reasons as not being concerned with weight.

The paperwork just sounds like such a hassle haha, just looking into it and researching now.

I have one suppressor, a .30 caliber can. I use it on .308, 7.62x39, and .223 rifles.
It works very well, but mine is a direct connect design that uses a specific flash hider or muzzle brake.

How long have you had yours Jbett? I have read stories about the 51T mount becoming sloppy after awhile? That is one of my worries. I doubt mine would ever be as high use as some but still since its not a repairable part so I want it to last.

I'm happy with my AAC 7.62 can.
I bought it specifically for my sbr 300 Blackout and AAC's 51t flash hider mounts works great

Where did you guys get yours? I looked at silencershop.com but most are out of stock. Was thinking about purchasing when im out in Montana or down in Oregon to avoid the sales tax.

Talk to JC weaponry out of Newberg, he has YHM and AAC cans in Stock and ready to transfer for Oregon residents.

Ill take a look, I also debating the SilencerCo Specwar. They have good reviews on the product and in customer service it appears.

<broken link removed>

You can order from Silencershop and have it shipped to JC weaponry but JC's prices can't be beat and he has it in stock at a significant discount for Oregon residents. He price matched silencershop for a AAC TiRANT can I wanted and he did all of the paperwork also. Meaning, he practically filled out my entire FORM 4 and other paperwork. All I had to do was send the check to ATF. Which was pretty cool..in my book

You can order from Silencershop and have it shipped to JC weaponry but JC's prices can't be beat and he has it in stock at a significant discount for Oregon residents. He price matched silencershop for a AAC TiRANT can I wanted and he did all of the paperwork also. Meaning, he practically filled out my entire FORM 4 and other paperwork. All I had to do was send the check to ATF. Which was pretty cool..in my book

I don't have an Oregon address, does that matter? I have bought pistols and such at dealers in other states before.

How long have you had yours Jbett? I have read stories about the 51T mount becoming sloppy after awhile? That is one of my worries. I doubt mine would ever be as high use as some but still since its not a repairable part so I want it to last.

The 51t ratchet system feels strong to me. Easy on and easy off.
I could see a problem if someone didn't twist it all way down, but compared to my Mac 11 Bowers CAC9 with those wonky coarse 11/0 threads that looks like an oil filter would mount up.
After each mag, you have to re-tighten the can or risk a baffle strike.

Where did you guys get yours? I looked at silencershop.com but most are out of stock. Was thinking about purchasing when im out in Montana or down in Oregon to avoid the sales tax.

I found mine at Curt's Discount Shooters Supply. I didn't have any one can in mind at the time, but it was the only one available and they did recommend it for the .300 blackout that I was building.
I feel that I lucked out and got the right one.
Everyone that's shot my SBR comments on spooky quiet it is with sub sonic ammo.

AAC is having problems. I have three myself and going forward won't get another. I would go with Silencerco, YHM, or even Surefire (I saw they're prices are starting to fall in line).

For an all purpose, I would also go with .30 cal as mentioned above.

Once you get your can, take it to Wayne and post a video of you on the first tee, going to town on the geese. :s0073:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews