JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes. Over a 1,000 miles. Put it in first up against the cab in the center of the truck. Strapped it in good and never had a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I moved 1350 lb Diebold US Postal surplus safe far more than that over the Oregon pass, and almost died doing it :huh:

I had a dedicated custom mini trailer and an anti sway brake or we would have died

Make sure your brakes and drivetrain are up to it

Ramp weight capacity? I have rented a lot of u-hauls and I think it was 1000 lbs. You will probably be well over the limit with the weight of the safe and the weight of all your friends all on the ramp at the same time. Better get the insurance so you dont have to pay for the broken ramp. I would call them and ask to be sure. Do you have a backup plan? Maybe back up the truck to a loading dock? Or cross your fingers and hope it was designed with a factor of safety of at least 3x. Can the door be removed to split up some of the weight? Its probably safer to rent a trailer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top