JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi folks, we moved out to Kennewick a few months back for a job and to get away from the Seattle-crazy. Once the COVID situation gets better it would be fantastic to meet up with folks out here and become part of the community.

I'm a pistol reloader but hoping to learn about rifle and 12 gauge reloading. I've watched tons of videos but I learn best by watching and being able to ask questions. I've got a .303 Lee Enfield, not sure which model as it's a Santa Fe sporterized model so all the original numbers and tell-tale bits were ground off. It came with a model 4 magazine but it doesn't feed correctly, so it's a single shot right now. It would be awesome to try magazines from other models before I buy one for it. Please let me know if you have one I can try.

I'd love to learn about good places to go for target practice out here. While I'm all for supporting the local ranges, etc. I can't afford to pay per hour range fees as often as I like to practice. I collect all the brass I find in hopes of eventually getting firearms which use them or to trade them for ones I can use. I reload .40 SW, .38 Spc. I also pick up trash, etc. others leave behind as much as I can. I've found a few spots out here but they're uncomfortably close to roads, super windy and more importantly on someone's property that I can't get a hold of to ask for permission.

I'd like to learn more about bushcraft, camping and hunting at some point. I like looking for tools, etc at garage sales and flea markets. I'm trying to learn to weld but so far my wire feed welder and I haven't come to an understanding yet... I work on my own equipment as much as possible and am very interested in machinist skills and wood working. I'm hoping to learn about metal casting at some point. My current incarnation is being a handyman fixing things, etc again and I'm happy to help wherever I can.

Cheers

52b017e6eed86816a880063a219b12ec.gif

Welcome from the Couv. I have shot at Rattle Snake Range in Tri-Cities. The Highpower range goes out to 1K yards.
Great facility never windy there.:eek::eek::eek:

Last Edited:
Welcome, Fez!
I live here as well, and I'm a RSO out at the Rattlesnake Range in Benton City.
Like @BillM said, it's only $50 for a whole year of shootin'. The range is open to the public W, F, Sa, Su from 0900 to 1500.
Except right now it's closed to the public (but not RSOs) cuz of the COVID thang.
Keep my info handy, and when this thang blows over, let's go shoot!

Compared to Seattle, the tri sh!ties is paradise.:s0155:

Meh - I didn't care for the desert and lack of trees. The winter was the worst part of it. I was there winter of 77-78 (IIRC) and the Columbia froze over. It was minus 22 and it played havoc with the aids to navigation; not only destroyed the fast water buoys, but even the aids on steel pylons got destroyed. Working outside in that weather was such a hassle. The summers were hot too - working the races while in a summer dress uniform was not fun.

Meh - I didn't care for the desert and lack of trees. The winter was the worst part of it. I was there winter of 77-78 (IIRC) and the Columbia froze over. It was minus 22 and it played havoc with the aids to navigation; not only destroyed the fast water buoys, but even the aids on steel pylons got destroyed. Working outside in that weather was such a hassle. The summers were hot too - working the races while in a summer dress uniform was not fun.

Yeah but there's something to be said about the drastic decrease in the amounts of bum poop and heroin needles strewn about. Not to mention cost of living.

Yeah but there's something to be said about the drastic decrease in the amounts of bum poop and heroin needles strewn about.

There is that. I worked for a couple of years in downtown Seattle. Hated the commute, hated having to walk thru the homeless and street people to get to work, people crapping in public, needles on the sidewalk outside the office, just hated being in the downtown with the buildings - not my thing no matter how nice the city could be. Most of the time I lived in the Seattle area I lived and worked in the suburb cities, Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, etc., which weren't bad - but the commute always sucked no matter where I worked. Even the hour long commute into Portland was tame by comparison.

Welcome Fez! I moved to Hermiston from the Portland area a few years ago and I love it over here!

I've got a few magazines from different models that you're welcome to try: No 1 Mk III, No 1 Mk VI, and No 4 Mk 2. Maybe we can meet up sometime after the current unpleasantness has passed.

Well, global warming has fixed all that... haven't seen those kind of low temps in many years!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top