JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SLOW DOWN my brother,he was talking to me,I believe.(see my post with the holster in it)

did i ever say i was a movie star or that i would try to fire my gun WHILE riding. no so please don't put words in my mouth. what i ment is i train with the gun in one place so it becomes muscle memory. **** im on a motorcycle and if someone wants to start crap i can, like you said, out maneuver them and ride off. you are no safer IN a car then ON a motorcycle when it comes to a shootout. and i dunno about you but i rather get the **** out of dodge then try to shoot from a motorcycle.

I never plan on shooting while riding,and that's kind of hard to try with a road bike.
But if I am out in the middle of nowhere,and Hill Bill Bod and Theatus,suddenly want to run me off the road,I might have to try it.
Man don't you ever watch "Sons of antrocity" or what ever that wanna be biker show is?

I don't ride a 150+ bike.I had a STI run away from me on the 5 headed for Portland.
I ride an ex-cop ultra. 110mph tops my kid told me (he tried it out,little bas*tard)
So running away or out manoeuvrings isn't always the best way to go.
Stop the bad guy's vehicle and I don't risk my life riding like a idiot.
I'm not that good.

i've been riding (on the street) for about 25 years. i've had my share of spills and each time came back with bruises around my torso... if i'd been carrying at the 3 o'clock position, it'd have hurt. underarm it'd have hurt real bad. i had a buddy go down with a 5 o'clock (probably the dumbest position on a motorcycle); she (yes, she) had a mean bruise the exact shape of her piece.
Langlitz and a few other leathers companies have an optional lined inner pocket for carry. my Schott had one when i got it... turned out to be an excellent place to carry even a full size pistol. i have a Vanson jacket that i put an inner pocket in, as well. the pistol sits across my abdomen. a while back when i was a few pounds heavier, it wasn't terribly comfortable... though manageable. i've since gotten back into shape and don't have a belly... can't even tell the pistol is there.

of course that works great when i actually wear a jacket... and i've been tooling around town during the summer without one. because of the seating on my bike (60s chopped HD) there's no way IWB would work with anything more than a sub compact. i can't get into the whole fanny pack thing (though damn they're convenient). i end up just tossing the pistol in my backpack, which gets strapped to the sissy bar or handlebars. not the greatest place, but it works. plus my chosen defense method is "run", if needed.

on another note, i have shot from a motorcycle. did a defensive course years ago that covered this. not easy, but an interesting experience.

I almost always carry when riding my SB.. I always have it in a zippered chest pocket so I am not worrying about anything falling out and other good stuff while riding or meeting the ground in an expeditious manner. It is also pretty easy to get to if I need it.

1911 Commander size .45. IWB Milt Sparks summer special II. The key thing is that the barrel must be a 1/2 in or so back on the femur ball socket. Yes, falling off will potentially mess up the 1911.... but the road rash matters more at the time. :(

I will not accept the concealed carry "tank bag to holster" transition as part of my daily carry. I have a scatterbrain when I am busy. It would suck to levee a loaded weapon in a tank-bag out of dimness.

For me the key was to change the angle of the holster belt loops by a few degrees tilt forward to get a perfect angle for clearing the hipbone. Falling off left a bruise but no road rash on the buttock.

How bad did the commander get road rashed?

I bought a S&W Shield 40 just for motorcycle concealed carry. It rides in a Binachi IWB holster right over my left back pocket. Tour Master suit zips together so clips on right next to the zipper . I used to try to carry various full size revolvers and autos but they would end up in a fanny pack or the tank bag.

I got a Speed and Strength jacket that has a built in chest holster. I put my pf9 in it and haven't put it back in since. It sat right on my bottom rib and if you wear your jacket close to skin tight, it sticks out pretty good.
SO right now, I have it in a pouch inside my tankbag. If I think that someone is going to spot me putting the gun in my waistband, I just grab the bag out of my tankbag and find a bathroom.
I have a Galco Lite shoulder rig, but have never really liked it.

When and if (knock on wood) you do a header into a semi at 140mph all told for whatever reason (left hand turners) having your gat in your sock or up your bunghole ain't gonna make a difference. I'd prefer to not have my gun in my purse/tankbag though.. since you'll go flying one way and you know the rest perhaps and if you don't, who cares.

I carry my 1911 OWB in a Blackhawk serpa holster when I ride. I don't really care if someone sees it. Why should they even care anyways? If seeing a guy go by with a sidearm scares them so much they need to nut up and re-evaluate how they got to be so sensitive.

I'm hoping I am wrong but did SB 941 require handguns to be carried in a lock box on a motorcycle? I thought I read something to that effect in the original SB 941. Ugg!

That's news, but remember ORS 166.250 already requires that, unless the driver has a CHL. It stipulates a trigger lock or lockbox as an exemption for 1(b). And remember ORS 166.250 applies to all hidden handguns carried on the motorcycle, even unloaded.

A person commits the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm if the person knowingly...
Possesses a handgun that is concealed and readily accessible to the person within any vehicle; ....

(c) If a vehicle is a motorcycle, an all-terrain vehicle or a snowmobile, a handgun is not readily accessible within the meaning of this section if:

(A)The handgun is in a locked container within or affixed to the vehicle; or
(B)The handgun is equipped with a trigger lock or other locking mechanism that prevents the discharge of the firearm.

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.250

Before the 4(c) exemption was introduced (thanks OFF), technically it was only legal to transport a handgun on a motorcycle via open carry.

Last Edited:
I don't ride, but I carry every day. As a former EMT, I can assure you, there is no carry position or style that will keep you for being injured when the holstered weapon is a mechanism of injury. If you impact where that weapon is, you are going to get hurt.

Motorcycle wrecks tend to be violent and brutal. The person is thrown 20 different ways, spun 20 different ways and generally pretty thrashed. You could get impacted anywhere. Slower less violent simple lay downs are different, but if you impact that area, you are going to get hurt.

I used to have a chest carry for my job site radio and cell phone. It could easily be adapted to conceal carry.

I don't really believe a hand gun is any harder on my soft tissue than the big round rock I'm riding on.
If I can see a bruise from just my handgun,then I'll be a happy camper

A buddy of mine took a tumble off his Electra Glide recently after a kid in a car shot out of a filling station and cut him off hard. The bike sustained very little damage, bouncing back and forth between the crash bars and coming to rest leaning on the right one.

It's been a month and he's still walking sorely, having experienced the very reason why I move my revolver from my hip to the secured front pocket of my leather jacket when I ride my own scoot. Look closely just above the bruise in the picture (which some other friend snapped), and note the outline of a S&W 642 in a nylon holster - cylinder flutes and all.

F_ing OUCH!!!

dave%20hip_zps7kdwehrz.jpg

IMG_1856_zpsm0ufdk92.jpg

Last Edited:
A buddy of mine took a tumble off his Electra Glide recently after a kid in a car shot out of a filling station and cut him off hard. The bike sustained very little damage, bouncing back and forth between the crash bars and coming to rest leaning on the right one.

It's been a month and he's still walking sorely, having experienced the very reason why I move my revolver from my hip to the secured front pocket of my leather jacket when I ride my own scoot. Look closely just above the bruise in the picture (which some other friend snapped), and note the outline of a S&W 642 in a nylon holster - cylinder flutes and all.

F_ing OUCH!!!

View attachment 239998
BS it's the virgin Mary
Did he at least get a license number?

Actually, he saw the Shroud of Turin on his toasted cheese sandwich the next day. Creepy, I know...

According to my pal, he bounced up onto his feet and "persuaded" the kid to stay there and participate in filing an accident report, exchange data, take photos, etc.

That's approx. 850 lb of scooter. Could've been a LOT worse.

eg_zpswrenvydz.jpg

Actually, he saw the Shroud of Turin on his toasted cheese sandwich the next day. Creepy, I know...

According to my pal, he bounced up onto his feet and "persuaded" the kid to stay there and participate in filing an accident report, exchange data, take photos, etc.

View attachment 240029

Oh yes! Aderenalin is an amazing thing! Glad your buddy is recovering!

View attachment 240029
I can't tell you how many stories I have heard about someone cutting off a bike,forcing them down and saying 'sorry' or not then driving away.
Clearly at fault but didn't actually touch the bike,then by by

My pal said the kid was really obnoxious, saying "Look, you're walking around, you're not hurt, you're not hurt!"

What the kid doesn't realize is that this fellow could easily be listed in anyone's yearbook as "Most likely to beat someone within an inch of his life." They were both lucky things weren't any worse for either of them.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top