JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I am posting this for a family friend and not really Wikipeidia ready when it comes to Mosin varrients. So please bear w/me. A family friend was given this through an estate dispersal. So he is also at a loss for sporter conversion questions. After some gun smoke one day he mentioned it at dug it out of safe to show me. He had got from his aunt years ago,sat in the safe and hadn't touched.
So I figured I could lend him a hand feeding his 9mm addiction ( S&W M76 auto ) What the hell, might as well learn fieldstrip/factoids on new firearm. So here is what I do know,THE #'S DON'T MATCH. I dislike sporter conversion of Military surplus but..at least its not a sniper w/matching #'s.. This is a Hex receiver w/20" barrel,commercial front blade side. I cannot tell if a M44 or the 91 (stamping on receiver covered/sanded) has Ish arrow/feather Soviet hammer stamp and the only one that got me curious...a D stamp above serial# (Denmark ?) Their was a date stamp of 1926 on underside of the action. At some point previous owner, gave the bolt a turn down. Looks like a heat/bend job but KUDOS for trying. Looks to me that stock has been sanded at barrel band area thus tossing out Upper/lower hanguards. I took the rifle out back and put (5)Bulgi mil-surp down its throat for safety/function test. IT WAS AN AFFIRMATION AS TO WHY I COLLECTED THE K98. OUCH...... No problems w/positive ejection. Included are 40-50 rds of 7.62x54R which I used to date time of purchase for previous owner. Mid-80's?? Interams boxed ammo stamped 7.62 Sporting Rife. I am guessing the wall was still up. I WOULD SAY THEY ARE COLLECTABLE TYPE ROUNDS-SAFETY-GO W/SOME NEWER MILSUP.
Owner is more interested in swapping rifle for commercial 9MM (Winchester,Federal AE ) target stuff. If a cash transaction asking $125.00 OBO all cash offers appreciated though. Feel free to PM w/questions and thanks again.

Given the year and that it's a hex receiver, there's no way that was ever an M44. Incidentally, the "D" doesn't refer to Denmark, but rather a marking placed there by the Finnish to indicate the chamber throat has been opened up slightly to accept their slightly different loading of the appropriate cartridge.

this still here? thought this would be gone by now, poor little hacked up thing. Someone step up and give it a good home, and some TLC!!!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.