JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
looking to find out what OAL is on the Montana Gold .55 Gr FMJ w/c
any help would be appreciated.

On an AR you're limited to 2.260" or the rounds won't feed reliably from the magazine. I find mine work best if I just seat and crimp to the center of the cannelure. All my cases get trimmed so that works out best. Just to make sure the cartridges feed trouble free I use 2.255 as a "target".

Not sure if you want the loaded OAL or just the Bullet. If it is just the bullet it is a little shorter that say a Hornady or Winchester. For OAL loaded lenght I use 2.235

I've been using 2.23 OAL with that bullet.

Not sure if you want the loaded OAL or just the Bullet. If it is just the bullet it is a little shorter that say a Hornady or Winchester. For OAL loaded lenght I use 2.235

This may be fine with the powder you're using but beware. It's way too short for some powders, especially if one is trying for maximum velocities and filling the case.

Case in point (pardon pun) would be IMR4895 which calls for 2.260 as a minimum COAL when using maximum load.

I loaded hornady bullets at 2220 oal and with the montana gold bullets it covered the cannelure I'm loading 24.7 grns of H335 I made up some test loads at 2245 oal with the montana gold and the performed well.
thanks for the help.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top