JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Always tell my Wife at Birthdays and Moms day, just pick out what you want and pick it up or order it. Normally this means some new plant or such for work she can show off. So today I get up she informs me I got her gift, want to see it? New Ruger LCPII. Little more than I normally spend, $275 + Governors cut, but what the hell. Now I'll have to get to the range in the morning to try it out for her. :cool:

I was at the range the other day and a guy there had an LCP II and let me handle it. I really liked it, what with the lighter trigger pull and the imporved sights. I have an LCP and I am going to get one of the II's really soon.

i have an LCP custom that my wife carries. its got a much better trigger than the 1st and 2nd gen LCP1 but isnt quite as good as the LCP2 trigger!! she'll love it!

I was at the range the other day and a guy there had an LCP II and let me handle it. I really liked it, what with the lighter trigger pull and the imporved sights. I have an LCP and I am going to get one of the II's really soon.

So far I do like it for that. Trigger is VERY nice for a little mouse gun. Certainly will be no carry of this one without a holster. I'm not sure the Wife is going to like it though. She is VERY recoil sensitive. Refuses to shoot my KT P3. I'm not sure that this will not be the same thing as soon as she tries it. She had asked about one of these quite a while back and I had warned her then it would probably be more that she would shoot. Had thought she forgot about it. Apparently she's been stopping in at our favorite shop now and then to check for one and today they had one. I figure I can't lose. If she doesn't like it I think I sure as hell will. :D:cool:

Well took the Wife's gift to the range and it's a hit, at least to me. Sights are plenty large but black on black. Used some white out on the front site for me. If Wife likes it that way I will use some paint. I watched a test Hickock did on these this morning. I was not as good as he was but with more practice it will hit what you aim at. Trigger is just miles ahead of the original. Of course the one down side to that is this will never be a pocket carry without a holster of some kind. Recoil is snappy with this one as I expected since it is very small and light for a .380. Fed it several kinds of ammo. Only way I could get a FTF was by trying to limp wrist it on purpose to see what would happen. If I kept a decent hold on it the pistol gobbled up everything I fed it. These are certainly not going to be for everyone. For a back up or a gun to carry when you otherwise would not carry it will fill the bill. Seems very well made, fit and finish were very nice for what it is. Pretty sure a laser will be going on it. Wife likes them as do I. So after she gets to try it we will go from there.

What are you gentlemen seeing price wise for the Lcp2? The Bimart in Washougal has the lcp 1 for $195 and that seems like a good deal to me for a back up gun. But if the lcp2 is at a similar point it sounds like its a better pistol.

What are you gentlemen seeing price wise for the Lcp2? The Bimart in Washougal has the lcp 1 for $195 and that seems like a good deal to me for a back up gun. But if the lcp2 is at a similar point it sounds like its a better pistol.

The LGS Wife bought hers from wants $214 for the LCP and she paid $280 for the LCPII.
The II is a MUCH better trigger. Feels a lot like a Glock to me. Of course the one downside to this is no more pocket carry without a holster for me. Since Wife could not handle it the pistol became mine and I did off load my old Kel-Tec .380 in favor of this. They are a LOT easier to shoot well. Or at least as well as can be with one of these little guys.

Thanks for the report on the II.

Haven't tried the II yet. Still rocking my stainless version I. Great little conceal carry. Summer around the corner and this guy hides very well. I carry OWB in a Winthrop hip holster. Tucks in nicely on my right hip. Extremely comfortable.

Glad you ended up with a great gun for carry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top