JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there a way to get up to the national forest from Molalla without going through Estacada? Looking at the maps, there are roads that appear to go through. But it looks like you have to travel through a bunch of private timberland before you get to national forest. Is that area gated off? I have a friend who lives in that area now and we want to go explore, see if we can find the shortest route up into public land. Thanks for any help.....

Yeah, we'll probably get stopped by snow, but we wanted to get out there and start nosing around a bit. It's an area neither one of us is familiar with. Thanks for the tip on Hillockburn Road ....

Almost 40 years ago I made it with my truck and camper from Mt Hood to Molalla area over the back roads. I have a feeling a lot of those roads are no longer there today. I also made it over the Coast Range in 3 different places that would probably not be possible today using back roads. All of them using a regular 2 wheel drive vehicle. It is kind of of shame areas that were accessible 40 years ago are today locked up by the tree huggers and their regulations and laws. I glad I did it when I was able to.

Almost 40 years ago I made it with my truck and camper from Mt Hood to Molalla area over the back roads. I have a feeling a lot of those roads are no longer there today. I also made it over the Coast Range in 3 different places that would probably not be possible today using back roads. All of them using a regular 2 wheel drive vehicle. It is kind of of shame areas that were accessible 40 years ago are today locked up by the tree huggers and their regulations and laws. I glad I did it when I was able to.
Tree huggers aren't responsible for alot.of it, much of it is private timberland now secured behind gates. I get where the companies are coming from, people dumping trash and destroying/stealing equipment will do that to ya.

Tree huggers aren't responsible for alot.of it, much of it is private timberland now secured behind gates. I get where the companies are coming from, people dumping trash and destroying/stealing equipment will do that to ya.

And much of the National Forest has had roads removed. It was a bill from the 1990s I believe and just the Esdacada District had many miles ground up and blocked.
From Molalla, go to Colton and hit Grays Hill Rd. Start wandering east. Or had about 8 miles east on 211 and then turn right on Hillockburn. Pick up a map from the USFS first.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads