Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Low Price Guns
Gun Deals
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Sporting Systems
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
RifleClass.com
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Model 1891 Argentine mauser

Reactions
Hard to find in original condition...great little carbines. Did you grab it?
Go over to gunboards and search for argentine engineers carbine, or cavalry carbine.
Been looking for one for years that wasnt sporterized, ended up finding a Swede M94/14 last month that I couldnt pass up.
If its 500 or less, get it.

Mikej

Reactions
Very nice! Ammo isn't crazy expensive. 7.65x53 Arg Ammo For Sale | SGAmmo.com
And if you reload, I've always heard the PPU brass is very good.

And YES, as Unka-Boo says. gunboards.com will have a group of folks that could tell you anything you wanted to know about that rifle.

Reactions
Thanks everyone. I ended up getting it for under 300 dollars. so I'm pretty happy
Excellent!
FWIW, looked at one a couple of weeks ago that was mildly sporterized ( sanded stock, bbl bands removed and rear sight changed ) shop was asking $299
You did good.

ma96782

Reactions
Sometimes.......YouTube is my friend (and can be yours too) when encountering a "new" firearm.

don't forget about Part 2, 3, and bolt disassembly. And, Forgotten Weapons has some vids. But from different countries.

Aloha, Mark

PS....No, I don't own an Argentine Mauser. Actually, I'd like my next rifle to be a Spanish Mauser (in 7mm) or a Finnish m39. Assuming, I could find either of them, "cheap enough".:D

Last edited:

SUPER X

Reactions
Looks to be a Calvary carbine. Not a sporterized. They had no bayo lug and a bent over bolt handle . . Don't see them to often and it looks to be in above average condition .The phantom will probably chime in soon and date your rifle exactly by the letter prefix.Folks mistake the engineers carbine as a Calvary Your is the Calvary. Good score

Last edited:

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS