JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I came by this at a pawnshop. I don't know much about it. I was hoping someone might tell me a little more about it.

20191216_103643.jpg 20191216_103703.jpg 20191216_103717.jpg 20191216_103735.jpg 20191216_103747.jpg

Hard to find in original condition...great little carbines. Did you grab it?
Go over to gunboards and search for argentine engineers carbine, or cavalry carbine.
Been looking for one for years that wasnt sporterized, ended up finding a Swede M94/14 last month that I couldnt pass up.
If its 500 or less, get it.

Sometimes.......YouTube is my friend (and can be yours too) when encountering a "new" firearm.

don't forget about Part 2, 3, and bolt disassembly. And, Forgotten Weapons has some vids. But from different countries.

Aloha, Mark

PS....No, I don't own an Argentine Mauser. Actually, I'd like my next rifle to be a Spanish Mauser (in 7mm) or a Finnish m39. Assuming, I could find either of them, "cheap enough".:D

Last Edited:
Looks to be a Calvary carbine. Not a sporterized. They had no bayo lug and a bent over bolt handle . . Don't see them to often and it looks to be in above average condition .The phantom will probably chime in soon and date your rifle exactly by the letter prefix.Folks mistake the engineers carbine as a Calvary Your is the Calvary. Good score

Last Edited:
Nice find. It appears to have been refinished or at least the wood. The metal should seat even or just below the level of the wood. Notice the tang is above the wood surface. If you have not dated it already post an image of the serial numbers and I will track down the dates.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top