JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend of mine was shopping for his first pistol last week and after spending every evening in Portland (we live in Salem) looking, and specifically wanting to lay hands on an S&W M&P 9, on a flyer we drove to Cabellas in Eugene. Huge crowd, no AR's available- but he did really like a Ruger SR9c and put one on layaway since it was too late to get his background check that night. We went back Friday to get it and there was a huge crowd again with some different stock of pistols- including the M&P he couldn't find anywhere. He went with the Ruger (less $, more flexibility, stainless) They actually had a ton of 9mm plinking ammo for reasonable money (14.99/50) so it turned out to be worth the drive. Wish I had money to invest in Gun and ammo manufacturers- their corporate profits have got to be gaining 30-40% a quarter and that's going to keep going as long as the government keeps trying to bend the people over

I was at Northwest Friday afternoon and there was only about 15-20 people there. I was looking to pick up some minor stuff for my AR, ended up walking out with a single Pmag, they are limiting one to a customer. Drove down to Curt's and grabbed two more Pmags and a 100 rounds of .223, there was 2 other people there and the ammo was $3 cheaper a box.

... but he did really like a Ruger SR9c and put one on layaway since it was too late to get his background check that night.

The Ruger SR9C is a great pistol. I have done extensive research on it and this is a very reliable and accurate pistol. FYI, unlike most other Rugers the SR9C (and probably others in the same design category) should Not be dry fired even with dummy bullets. For safety purposes Ruger has built in a bar that drops down when the magazine is removed to help prevent people from shooting themselves while cleaning their gun while a round is still in the chamber. The bar can easily be removed if desired. Too many dry fires into the drop down bar can cause the striker pin to begin light striking a cartridge failing to impact it enough to fire the bullet.

I was at Northwest Friday afternoon and there was only about 15-20 people there. I was looking to pick up some minor stuff for my AR, ended up walking out with a single Pmag, they are limiting one to a customer. Drove down to Curt's and grabbed two more Pmags and a 100 rounds of .223, there was 2 other people there and the ammo was $3 cheaper a box.

Do you mind sharing the price on the .223 at Curt's?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top