JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an ar10 build that needs backup sights. To do so I have to put some mlok rail sections on my hand guard.. so the unmarked ones I have are too tall. Can you guys bust out the micrometers or slide cals and give me some brands and measurements? Seems Ar10s aren't the only thing without a set standard. Thanks guys you'll never let me down

To be clear, I need height measurements of mlok rails from different brands

Last Edited:
Profile dimensions - centerline of bore to top of rail:
AR-15 - 1.215"
DPMS low - 1.253"
DPMS high - 1.313
Armalite AR-10 - 1.315"

Most small frame 308's are AR-15 height
PSA PA-10, LaRue and some others are in between DPMS high and low

Another common way to determine profile is the tang thickness where the charging handle exits the upper - DPMS low 0.150", DPMS high 0.210"

Profile dimensions - centerline of bore to top of rail:
AR-15 - 1.215"
DPMS low - 1.253"
DPMS high - 1.313
Armalite AR-10 - 1.315"

Most small frame 308's are AR-15 height
PSA PA-10, LaRue and some others are in between DPMS high and low

Another common way to determine profile is the tang thickness where the charging handle exits the upper - DPMS low 0.150", DPMS high 0.210"
I added some clarification. I need the height thickness of mlok rails from diff manufacturers

Here is the measurement I'm looking for.

16577810441727259356156098599498.jpg

Personally, I would not install sights on a section of pic rail that is intended for M-LOK. A light...sure, a bi-pod...ok, a vertical grip or barricade stop...why not, but sights and lasers...the stuff you aim with, no way no day. If you're looking for a backup sight to a scope and the top of your handguard is full MLOK, I'd go with a RDS and mount it on the receiver or scope mount, whether offset or @ 12 o'clock.

Personally, I would not install sights on a section of pic rail that is intended for M-LOK. A light...sure, a bi-pod...ok, a vertical grip or barricade stop...why not, but sights and lasers...the stuff you aim with, no way no day. If you're looking for a backup sight to a scope and the top of your handguard is full MLOK, I'd go with a RDS and mount it on the receiver or scope mount, whether offset or @ 12 o'clock.
Thanks for the input, do you have any rail measurements?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top