JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an ar10 build that needs backup sights. To do so I have to put some mlok rail sections on my hand guard.. so the unmarked ones I have are too tall. Can you guys bust out the micrometers or slide cals and give me some brands and measurements? Seems Ar10s aren't the only thing without a set standard. Thanks guys you'll never let me down

To be clear, I need height measurements of mlok rails from different brands

Last Edited:
Profile dimensions - centerline of bore to top of rail:
AR-15 - 1.215"
DPMS low - 1.253"
DPMS high - 1.313
Armalite AR-10 - 1.315"

Most small frame 308's are AR-15 height
PSA PA-10, LaRue and some others are in between DPMS high and low

Another common way to determine profile is the tang thickness where the charging handle exits the upper - DPMS low 0.150", DPMS high 0.210"

Profile dimensions - centerline of bore to top of rail:
AR-15 - 1.215"
DPMS low - 1.253"
DPMS high - 1.313
Armalite AR-10 - 1.315"

Most small frame 308's are AR-15 height
PSA PA-10, LaRue and some others are in between DPMS high and low

Another common way to determine profile is the tang thickness where the charging handle exits the upper - DPMS low 0.150", DPMS high 0.210"
I added some clarification. I need the height thickness of mlok rails from diff manufacturers

Here is the measurement I'm looking for.

16577810441727259356156098599498.jpg

Personally, I would not install sights on a section of pic rail that is intended for M-LOK. A light...sure, a bi-pod...ok, a vertical grip or barricade stop...why not, but sights and lasers...the stuff you aim with, no way no day. If you're looking for a backup sight to a scope and the top of your handguard is full MLOK, I'd go with a RDS and mount it on the receiver or scope mount, whether offset or @ 12 o'clock.

Personally, I would not install sights on a section of pic rail that is intended for M-LOK. A light...sure, a bi-pod...ok, a vertical grip or barricade stop...why not, but sights and lasers...the stuff you aim with, no way no day. If you're looking for a backup sight to a scope and the top of your handguard is full MLOK, I'd go with a RDS and mount it on the receiver or scope mount, whether offset or @ 12 o'clock.
Thanks for the input, do you have any rail measurements?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top