JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know if the mainline is going to be open for drive in this next weekend - this is the mainline just west of Mist on highway 202? Between Mist and Clatskanie?
Information is appreciated - thanks

James Ruby

I live in the area and I can tell you that a lot of areas are closed right now. I know there's some logging going on and it's been closed where it pops out on Keasey Rd in Vernonia. But with the rain we've been getting and will be getting I would imagine it'll be open. I should be heading to Sporty's in Clatskanie this week and I'll swing in and check for sure.

So I know this is a heck of a time to get back to you, but when I headed out there tonight the gate was wide open. Fire precautions are in effect so make sure you got your shovel and a gallon of water. My son and me will be out there dressed like pumpkins

Thanks for the info - I really appreciate it. I found the mainline was open and we hunted it primarily - you have to get in from main entrance off 202 - all exit /entrance points were closed. I know we tried them all I think. It is my understanding that the mainline is only open during the weekends. Saw a couple of nice bull elk but the only deer we saw was in the camp Wilkerson camp ground.

James Ruby

You can get there from Keasey on the Columbia River mainline. Take th CRML to Deep Creek. Found a few chanterelles in the area, a few does, but no bucks. Not a lot of people which was really nice. Think I'll be up there again this coming weekend

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top