JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is sad, the guy broke the rules by hunting after hours and hunting on private property without permission.
I hope he faces charges and spends some time behind bars. This was just ignorant negligence.

Hunter shoots, kills woman after mistaking her for a deer, officials say Hunter shoots, kills woman after mistaking her for a deer, officials say

After hours, on private property he had no permission to be on, using a hand gun at 200 yards, shot a human he "thought" was a Deer? This makes all hunters look bad and feeds the anti's.

This story freaks me out because I walk my dogs on my neighbors large timbered property (with permission) just about every day. Though I don't do it in the dark or dusk.

After hunting hours and no permission to be where he was...not to forget he was hunting with a pistol at 200 yards...Something smells here , at least to me...

Last one first...Yes I know you can hunt with a pistol and I have no doubt that a few folks can get a good hit on a deer at 200 yards with a pistol...But I'd be willing to bet , that a shot like that is beyond most people's skill level.
That said , the article stated that Jadlowski , saw what he believed to be a deer at 200 yards , not that he shot Billquist at 200 yards...

As for after hunting hours and no permission ...
I have been out after hunting hours while hunting , just due to simply walking to far or losing track of time etc...But I damn sure wouldn't shoot anything after hours.., And just to keep things from looking to bad for me...if its after hours and I am heading back to camp....I'll unload or unprime / uncap my gun...
The no permission issue...to play Devil's advocate ...maybe he was lost / thought he was somewhere else?....

And that said ...I kinda doubt it ....I normally do not jump on the conspiracy bandwagon ...but I am guessing there is more to the story here....
Even if its just a dumbazz wandering the woods , just looking for something to shoot and he needed a cover story...or a more involved story in which he shot her on purpose and is using the : "I thought she was a deer BS " as cover... Again just guessing here.

All in all a sad story...no matter how it happened,
Andy

It's like he saw the dogs and thought they were deer?

Either way there's no way he properly identified his target or the background.
He failed as a responsible hunter and should be in prison.

I have a hard time seeing in low light, so once it starts getting dark, even in legal light I'm done hunting.
I've passed on shots just because I didn't know what was in the area past the deer.

I keep locked and loaded, not only for predators, but people like this.

Wear orange maybe? Of course even that may not prevent some moron like this but it can't hurt.
It'll make it easier for a moron like that to hit me.

"I shot what I thought was a deer. If it didn't want to be shot, it shouldn't have been so visible."

To be honest, I'm not too worried. Life is full of risks.

200 yards with a handgun? That is insane as well as totally unsportsmanlike. If he hit what he was aiming at I bet it had to be a lot closer or it was bad luck for the poor lady.

After hunting hours and no permission to be where he was...not to forget he was hunting with a pistol at 200 yards...Something smells here , at least to me...

Last one first...Yes I know you can hunt with a pistol and I have no doubt that a few folks can get a good hit on a deer at 200 yards with a pistol...But I'd be willing to bet , that a shot like that is beyond most people's skill level.
That said , the article stated that Jadlowski , saw what he believed to be a deer at 200 yards , not that he shot Billquist at 200 yards...

As for after hunting hours and no permission ...
I have been out after hunting hours while hunting , just due to simply walking to far or losing track of time etc...But I damn sure wouldn't shoot anything after hours.., And just to keep things from looking to bad for me...if its after hours and I am heading back to camp....I'll unload or unprime / uncap my gun...
The no permission issue...to play Devil's advocate ...maybe he was lost / thought he was somewhere else?....

And that said ...I kinda doubt it ....I normally do not jump on the conspiracy bandwagon ...but I am guessing there is more to the story here....
Even if its just a dumbazz wandering the woods , just looking for something to shoot and he needed a cover story...or a more involved story in which he shot her on purpose and is using the : "I thought she was a deer BS " as cover... Again just guessing here.

All in all a sad story...no matter how it happened,
Andy

I think you can add a few beers to that story.

This happens about every year at this time. Some kid shoots grandpa, or the other way around.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top