JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There comes a point where the law becomes meaningless: When it is used to restrict and control the populace but it doesn't apply to the cabal, the elite, the authoritarians in charge who continue to live their lives indifferent to it because it doesn't apply to them and attempts to hold them accountable through it are useless because of how embedded the corruption goes.

When peaceful discourse fails and using the system intended to peacefully resolve these matters through the branches of government, fails… what options remain?

Everyone can think about that for themselves - it was rhetorical and I don't need an answer.

Let me see if I understand this correctly…

If a citizen brings a lawsuit against the state of Kalifornia for their draconian and illegal gun laws and prevails, then that citizen/group has to pay the states legal fees???

That's total turo fecal matter…

If you fifth the state for illegal laws, gun or otherwise, and you prevail, that state should be paying your legal fees…

Man, Kalifornia is upside down and backwards in just about all aspects…

There comes a point where the law becomes meaningless: When it is used to restrict and control the populace but it doesn't apply to the cabal, the elite, the authoritarians in charge who continue to live their lives indifferent to it because it doesn't apply to them and attempts to hold them accountable through it are useless because of how embedded the corruption goes.

When peaceful discourse fails and using the system intended to peacefully resolve these matters through the branches of government, fails… what options remain?

Everyone can think about that for themselves - it was rhetorical and I don't need an answer.
You forgot one critical group, repeat and established criminals…. Seems these draconian laws don't apply to them at all….

These fers know the laws they have passed and are passing are unconstitutional and won't stand up in court. Therefore the sheer number of new laws and all these BS laws are designed to make it very difficult to challenge the unconstitutional gun laws in court.

I can't see this holding up to any sort of legal challenge. It's like saying if you sue someone based on their first amendment right then you have to pay all attorneys fees even if you win. But if you sued for something else you wouldn't have to pay all the fees. No way that could hold water imo.

It's clear they will try every illegal and ridiculous tactic to try to get around Scotus and the constitution. But guess what a-holes CA legislators, you live in AMERICA. And in AMERICA we have rights that shall not be infringed!

There must be some way to sue these legislators if they are knowingly and purposely undermining the constitution and the Supreme Court. Until they feel some sort of personal pain they will just keep pushing the boundaries with crazier and crazier laws.

Sounds like a giant pile of unconstitutionality. Californians, you have my condolences. Hopefully Judge Benitez puts the pedal to the metal on his decision-making. That being said, wondering if Bonta can appeal again once Benitez comes to a decision. If so, 9th Circuit will undoubtedly drag its heels again, putting the case past the Jan 1 implementation of the law. Not a good situation.

Incidentally, would Miller bear the cost, or would it be his attorneys? Regardless, if they were to win post-Jan 1 and file suit against the state of California on grounds of unconstitutionality of that law / having to pay the state's legal fees for the case, I am curious whether that would delay them having to pay until that challenge makes its way through the courts. It would be a financial hit to both and string out the resolution even further, but (please correct me if I'm wrong here) I believe you have to be an "aggrieved party" to file a legal challenge to state legislation, and if so they might be the first plaintiffs with the opportunity to do so.

On a related note, it seems like a good change to our current form of government would be to require all legislation be vetted for constitutionality before it can become law. I know, it'll probably never happen, but dreaming is still legal... for now.

Sounds like a giant pile of unconstitutionality. Californians, you have my condolences. Hopefully Judge Benitez puts the pedal to the metal on his decision-making. That being said, wondering if Bonta can appeal again once Benitez comes to a decision. If so, 9th Circuit will undoubtedly drag its heels again, putting the case past the Jan 1 implementation of the law. Not a good situation.

Incidentally, would Miller bear the cost, or would it be his attorneys? Regardless, if they were to win post-Jan 1 and file suit against the state of California on grounds of unconstitutionality of that law / having to pay the state's legal fees for the case, I am curious whether that would delay them having to pay until that challenge makes its way through the courts. It would be a financial hit to both and string out the resolution even further, but (please correct me if I'm wrong here) I believe you have to be an "aggrieved party" to file a legal challenge to state legislation, and if so they might be the first plaintiffs with the opportunity to do so.

On a related note, it seems like a good change to our current form of government would be to require all legislation be vetted for constitutionality before it can become law. I know, it'll probably never happen, but dreaming is still legal... for now.
Or simply allow politicians who voted for it to be personally liable for any and all legal fees for all parties involved related to any litigation to question the constitutionality of it if it indeed does become determined to be, unconstitutional.

Then they would do the vetting themselves.

Let me see if I understand this correctly…

If you fifth the state for illegal laws, gun or otherwise, and you prevail, that state should be paying your legal fees…
You understand just perfect, it would appear.

They can still argue that they are applying a "reasonable and restrained common sense law". It doesn't apply to ALL legal challenges... just 2A related laws.

See? Isn't that rreasonable? :s0140:

(turn up the sarcasm)

You understand just perfect, it would appear.

They can still argue that they are applying a "reasonable and restrained common sense law". It doesn't apply to ALL legal challenges... just 2A related laws.

See? Isn't that rreasonable? :s0140:

(turn up the sarcasm)
Like saying if someone commits a violent crime against you and you fight back, you're on the hook for all their medical and legal expenses...

Update on miller v bonta timelines. cA tried to push it into March, which would be 3 months after this bs "if you win you pay for everything" law would take effect. Benitez gave 60 days max.

Once or twice a week I see something that totally validates my getting the hell out of California.
I give it a year tops before they go full Stalinist

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top