JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Congressmen accused the BLM of illegal action and sent Obama an actual letter on it. Glad to see that. Yes, it is a good thing that there were militia there otherwise it would be a different story and probably all covered up like the left likes to do. What difference does it make now as Hilary would say

I'm thinking I want to get some bumper stickers made up. "I'm a domestic terrorist, at least my government thinks so".

One more thing and I will be quiet for a while. Sorry, Reid and his cronies are the domestic terrorist, if you have eyes it should be quite evident.
You were quiet for 5 minutes.:p

You are also propagating the division that keeps Americans from uniting.
In order to be a force in beating the oppression, we must forget the left/right argument.
And what Clitary Hilton would say thing.
Will

In order to be a force in beating the oppression, we must forget the left/right argument.
Will
I tried:) I do agree with left right argument as they (the leaders) are in it together. It is the only way so many things can happen the way it has for so long without any real action taken to stop what is happening to this country. Thank you for making that point it was probably the best one I have heard for a while.

Seems to me there are two issues here. There's there's the fight Bundy is having about his use of public lands for his private business - where i personally have no sympathies for Bundy - and Edward Abbey does a good job framing that issue.

Then there is the unwarranted militarized response from the Feds - there is no call for that . People are right to protest that response, IMO. And I'm sure that after they protest the BLM using SWAT cowboys, they will be ready to protest the mass detention in private, for profit prisons of thousands of undocumented immigrants whose treatment is so bad that they are engaging in hunger strikes right now, in Tacoma and else where.
MikeE,MikeE,MikeE...... You just confused the hell out of me. You just used Edward Abbey as doing a good job against those nasty ol' cowboys, and dirty old ranchers. Then you mentioned about the thousands of undocumented immigrants, whose treatment is "SO BAD". You just committed what I call a party foul. If your going to use Edward Abbey to attack cowboys and ranchers, you probably should not mention undocumented immigrants. Which has no baring on this topic. Maybe you're an Edward Abbey groupie, I don't know? If so, you should read some of his comments concerning hispanics and blacks, before posting about undocumented immigrants. I would post what edward abbey had to say about other races, but that would be disrespectful to JJackFFrost's thread. I would not want to get this thread locked. P.s MikeE, No offense intended.

The only domestic terrorist harry reid has ever seen was staring back at him in the mirror.

He's a lying, cheating, fear mongering treasonous, waste of a human being. But unfortunately he's not alone.
His comments sounded like those of the british a couple hundred years ago

What most of the people do not get when they are talking about Bundy owes all this money to the feds for the land is they never learned in school the constitution of the United States otherwise they would have read
Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17
To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of Particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;--

MikeE,MikeE,MikeE...... You just confused the hell out of me. You just used Edward Abbey as doing a good job against those nasty ol' cowboys, and dirty old ranchers. Then you mentioned about the thousands of undocumented immigrants, whose treatment is "SO BAD". You just committed what I call a party foul. If your going to use Edward Abbey to attack cowboys and ranchers, you probably should not mention undocumented immigrants. Which has no baring on this topic. Maybe you're an Edward Abbey groupie, I don't know? If so, you should read some of his comments concerning hispanics and blacks, before posting about undocumented immigrants. I would post what edward abbey had to say about other races, but that would be disrespectful to JJackFFrost's thread. I would not want to get this thread locked. P.s MikeE, No offense intended.

Your right, Edward Abbey was wrong about race IMO, but pretty much right on the environment. He was also a provocateur and kind of an a-hole too.
The reason I brought up the detention centers was not to debate immigration but to mention that the militarized response seen in Nevada originated with militarized response to other law enforcement issues - immigration control is one, drug enforcement is another, btw. When mass detention centers are built, when the police are increasingly militarized, and private contractors previously used by the military are increasingly used in law enforcement issues, you get these kind of disproportionate responses.When some people say 'I'm for it to deal with the immigrants, but against it when it's used against cowboys' that's a weak position that is already divided against itself. Just how i see it...

Your right, Edward Abbey was wrong about race IMO, but pretty much right on the environment. He was also a provocateur and kind of an a-hole too.
The reason I brought up the detention centers was not to debate immigration but to mention that the militarized response seen in Nevada originated with militarized response to other law enforcement issues - immigration control is one, drug enforcement is another, btw. When mass detention centers are built, when the police are increasingly militarized, and private contractors previously used by the military are increasingly used in law enforcement issues, you get these kind of disproportionate responses.When some people say 'I'm for it to deal with the immigrants, but against it when it's used against cowboys' that's a weak position that is already divided against itself. Just how i see it...
MikeE, I totally appreciate your point of view. A good solid debate should be good for everyone. You do your research I do mine. It's also based on how we feel. You may post something I may not agree with, and visa , versa. Some people may think that's what divides us, well maybe the weak it does. For me it does not. You bring up points that I would be a fool not to listen too. I try to see both sides of an issue, then make a decision based on facts from both sides, plus how I personally feel. This is where I'm assuming that we both come together as one. We both agree that the militarized response was uncalled for. So brother, you keep your views, and I'll keep mine, we both can happily meet at supporting the second amendment.

The reason I brought up the detention centers was not to debate immigration but to mention that the militarized response seen in Nevada originated with militarized response to other law enforcement issues - immigration control is one, drug enforcement is another, btw. When mass detention centers are built, when the police are increasingly militarized, and private contractors previously used by the military are increasingly used in law enforcement issues, you get these kind of disproportionate responses.When some people say 'I'm for it to deal with the immigrants, but against it when it's used against cowboys' that's a weak position that is already divided against itself. Just how i see it...[/

Will[/quote

We must not allow all these things to be forgotten especially issues like this. If it divides us it is because that segment of the population doesn't seem to have a problem with the facts being covered up and just moving forward with their agenda. Are you suggesting that we would just drop the issue and others like it or what approach would you use? Thank you

10171685_618497668237243_6484196660630898979_n.jpg

Like how Reid called everyone there "domestic terrorists" but didn't say squat about the anti tank weapons the U.S. government happily handed over to Syrian "rebels".

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

I have read through this thread, forgive me if I don't follow links to Fox News or the right wing/anarchist press. The land in question is public land, the authorized (by congress) manager of said public land is the BLM. The administration of grazing districts established by Taylor Grazing Act also fell to BLM by congressional action. Grazing Fees were established in 1978, by congress, and apparently paid by Bundy until 1993. The law supports the fees, the management by the BLM, the Nevada Constitution gives legal permission (article 1 section 2)for the federal government to enforce federal laws on federal land with armed force.

Bundy's "rights" grazing, water, or otherwise, on public land are subject to change by the BLM, this is supported by law. How can anyone expect that management principals used when this was a territory could still serve well with increasing herd sizes, increasing population (the "public", the owners of the land in question), conflicting demands on the use of the land, etc. The ranchers asked for this help managing the land, and the TGA was the result. The only protected water rights that fit the arguments I have heard in this thread pertain to owned property. If he had an easement to a stream for water rights, that still wouldn't have anything to do with grazing rights on the (other)public land. Even if it did, the dirtbag should pay us (the public) the fees that are owed, and thank us for making him a very rich man.

This guy has had his day in court, he is a law breaker. I have as much right to that land as Bundy does, and I think it's ridiculous that the feds are selling this rich guy rights to graze cattle on our land for 1.35 per (cow and calf pair) per month. I raise cattle on my own land feed them MY grass, nobody gives me anything, let him compete with THAT.

If anyone believes Bundy's argument that the cattle do just fine with the wildlife, well I can say that they probably have never hunted on range land. Cattle eat the food; If I see cattle, I move on. The deer, elk, and antelope already did. If this jerk doesn't want to pay the mere pittance the BLM is asking for his grazing, I think their are some hungry folks that might interpret this as an invite to Nevada to harvest some publicly owned cattle.

You may have read some of the links, but you apparently didn't read the links to the Hage case. The BLM rules, and the judges decision, outlined the fact that when a water source is developed on BLM land by a rancher, it is considered a cooperative effort between the rancher and the agency. And the rancher has the right to use it for the duration of his lease(s). To deny him that water is a de-facto denial of grazing rights.
Furthermore, that water is there for the use of ALL users, not just the rancher.

Your choice to raise/feed your cattle on your own land is certainly your decision, and I applaud you for it.
But please don't compare the availability of native grasses, and water in/around Longview, WA to the desert southwest. That doesn't compute.

Being from So. Central Oregon, I have hunted on range land extensively, and killed plenty of game, from squirrels and birds to deer. Sorry you haven't experienced the upside of rancher-provided water resources on desert open range.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top