JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
here we go again what do you guys/ gals think of this (god i hope they do not start shooting at each other)
militia has arrived in support of Cliven Bundy in his stand off against the Federal Government, where the Bureau of Land Management has surrounded his ranch with snipers, helicopters and heavy equipment.
Governor Sandoval and Sen. Dean Heller have condemned the actions of the BLM:

And from everything that is going on in this situation, I just took a wild guess that the Secretary of the Interior is a female. When I looked up who it was, my guess was correct. There is a legitimate, academic field of study called Sociobiology. The founder of this field of study is a guy named professor E.O. Wilson. Part of his conclusions on his research into biological and genetic influences on human behavior pointed out that when men fight it is to establish dominance, and it's usually about territory or mating. Male conflict seldom escalates to lethal force. But when women fight, it is about survival. His conclusions included the idea that women have little or no moderating mechanisms when it comes to conflict because over thousands of centuries of evolution, when women have had to resort to physical force it has almost always been a matter of life and death. A man knows when to back off, when he has pushed his adversary too far, and when he has won dominance. A woman fights to the death, because for women all conflicts are about ultimate survival. Thus, when Janet Reno was confronted with conflict she responded lethally, whereas a man might have moderated his response. I suspect that might be where this situation is headed.

Standoff In Nevada: Another Federal Siege Against The Innocent
April 11, 2014 at 3:13pm
Standoff In Nevada: Another Federal Siege Against The Innocent

by Chuck Baldwin / April 10, 2014

With the memory of Ruby Ridge, Idaho, and Waco, Texas, still very vivid in the collective memory of the American people comes another example of a federal government run amuck. A rancher in Nevada is watching the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) seize his cattle and arrest his son for simply taking pictures of the events. BLM has also placed several federal snipers around his home with their high-powered rifles trained on his family. The last report I read said more than 200 federal agents are now surrounding the homestead complete with attack helicopters. All that seems to be missing are tanks.

Did the family do anything violent? No. Did they do anything immoral? No. Did they even do anything wrong? No. Did they do anything illegal? Well, that's where the story gets interesting.

Cliven Bundy's family has been grazing cattle on their ranchland since the 1880s. But in 1993, the federal government reclassified 600,000 acres of land, including the land that the Bundy cattle have been grazing on forever. The pretext used by the feds for seizing the land was to protect some "endangered" tortoise. However, the feds would allow Cliven to continue to graze his cattle on the land--if he pays the federal government for the privilege. The rancher refuses to pay.

Here is one report of the story:

"Federal snipers with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) trained guns on members of a family yesterday after they dared to stop and take video footage of cattle outside the bounds of a designated 'First Amendment Area,' before arresting one of the men for non-compliance.

"The cattle were being rounded up by BLM officers as part of a crackdown on Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who has refused to pay 'grazing fees' demanded by the feds as a result of a re-classification of 600,000 acres of federal land in northeastern Clark County which Bundy claims has been in his family for generations."

The report continues: "The feds have now started rounding up Bundy's cattle in the name of protecting a supposedly endangered species, the desert tortoise, forbidding Bundy from interfering or even entering the vast area. The case is quickly turning into another iconic battle between big government and a besieged family.

"Fears that the confrontation may turn violent and concerns that Bundy is drawing increased support from liberty activists and the local community prompted the feds to tape off two ridiculous 'First Amendment Areas,' outside of which free speech in support of Bundy is banned. A sign placed inside the area reads 'Welcome to Amerika--Wake Up' alongside a hammer and sickle logo.

"When Bundy's family members violated that rule yesterday in an attempt to peacefully document the cattle roundup, they were met with a barrage of loudspeaker warnings and four BLM snipers with their guns trained on the dissenters."

The report goes on saying, "None of the family members were armed, but as soon as Dave Bundy began filming the cattle in the distance, 11 BLM vehicles each with two agents arrived and surrounded him.

"'They also had four snipers on the hill above us all trained on us. We were doing nothing besides filming the area,' said Ryan Bundy.

"The family were told to leave the area via loudspeaker because they had violated the crudely established 'First Amendment Area'.

"'They said that we had no first amendment rights except for up by the bridge where they had established an area for that,' Bundy said.

"When Dave Bundy didn't immediately heed the warning and return to his vehicle, a dog was set on him and he was subsequently arrested."

See the report here:

Federal Snipers Train Guns On Family For Filming Cattle

BLM hired independent contractor-cowboys from Utah to confiscate Mr. Bundy's cows. Nevada State troopers and local law enforcement personnel have also either assisted, or refused to interfere with, BLM's actions. And, as one would expect, a federal court has also backed BLM's activities. Some estimate the cost to the taxpayers for BLM's siege will amount to more than $3 million.

But as news of the siege spreads, people all over the country are taking note. Hundreds of people have come from all around Clark County, Nevada, in support of the Bundy family. Personally, I hope tens of thousands of people show up.

Before the feds began laying claim to privately-owned ranch property back in the early 1990s, there were dozens of ranchers in the area. Mr. Bundy is the last one left. All of the others have been forced off of their land by the excessive restrictions and rules from BLM. And it looks like the feds intend to do whatever they feel is necessary to remove the Bundy family from their land, as well.

An out-of-control federal government was the primary catalyst for the "conservative revolution" in 1994 when the GOP historically took control of both houses of Congress. After egregious betrayals by then House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott in 1996, a conservative revival continued from 2000-2006 when G. W. Bush and the Republican Party controlled the entire federal government. Disgustingly, neither Bush nor the Republican leaders in Congress did one darn thing to undo the power grab of the federal government that took place under Bill Clinton. If anything, the GOP-led government in Washington, D.C., further expanded federal power across the board.

During those turbulent years of the 1990s, the late-great Congresswoman, Helen Chenoweth, in an interview with Michael Reagan, spoke these words:

"BLM is taking onto themselves law enforcement that is normally saved for the State, law enforcement over motor vehicles. They've written into the regulation without authority from Congress, the ability to stop vehicles or to search people, to search a place or a vehicle without warrant or process; to be able to seize without warrant or process any piece of evidence and to test people for potential DUI (driving under the influence). They have redefined a parachute into a mechanized piece of equipment, so if you parachute into any of their areas you can be fined $20,000 or more.

"It is amazing. Our founders, when establishing our system of government wanted to make sure that law enforcement was closest to the people. You and I have talked before about how important it is to make sure that you elect the very best local county sheriff because he should be regarded as the highest law enforcement officer in the area because he is accountable to the voters. They really worried about a national, a federal, law enforcement. To federalize our law enforcement is to create a situation that the pilgrims were trying to escape.

"We are moving quickly to that. The Bureau of land Management is taking onto themselves law enforcement authority that Congress never gave them. In the Federal Land Policy and Management Act that was passed in the early 1970's it made it clear that Congress said that, 'first, you must go to your local county sheriff for law enforcement activities.'"

See Reagan's interview with Helen here:

Interview with Rep. Helen Chenoweth

Helen knew what she was talking about. The BLM controls over 60% of all of the land within her home State of Idaho. The BLM controls over 70% of all land in Utah; and in the State of Nevada, the BLM controls over 76% of all land.

Chenoweth was as much of a prophetess as she was an observer when she added, "Whatever [land] we have left. Right now in Idaho and I am sure all over the West, they are moving people and human activities off the land."

Helen was also correct when she noted that the Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA), which was adopted in 1976, stipulated that BLM had to go through the county sheriff for any action that required law enforcement. Nearly four decades later, the BLM (and virtually every other federal agency) totally and thoroughly ignores this requirement.

For those of us who still labor under the conviction that the U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, it must be observed that the only crimes assigned to the federal government in the Constitution for law enforcement purposes are Treason, Piracy, Counterfeiting, and International law violations. That's it! All other law enforcement matters are the purview of the individual states, according to the Tenth Amendment.

Unfortunately, for most of the Twentieth Century, and especially since the George Herbert Walker Bush administration, the federal government has demanded more and more power and authority that it does not constitutionally possess. And, for the most part, the individual states have sheepishly done little to resist. All of which has led to the events that are now playing out in Clark County, Nevada.

Here are some of my questions: why are the local and State law enforcement officers in Nevada assisting the BLM with this egregious act of tyranny? Beyond that, why are they not standing up to the BLM and telling them to go to Hades? Do the lives and liberties and property of the citizens of their State mean nothing? And, another thing: who are these independent contractor-cowboys in Utah who are willing to help trample a fellow citizen's constitutional rights? How much does 30 pieces of silver equate to today? And what about those BLM snipers? Who are these men who would willingly turn their guns against innocent, hard-working Americans for the sake of a paycheck? I guess the only reason that the members of Mr. Bundy's family are not six-feet under already is simply because those "brave" and "patriotic" snipers were not given the order to shoot. They sure had the family members in the crosshairs of their scopes; all that was missing was the pull of the index finger. Wow! That's comforting. I wonder how many of us are in the crosshairs of federal snipers and don't even know it?

I hope the people of the western states will arise in support of the Bundy family in such numbers that the BLM thugs will be forced to withdraw and leave this dear family alone. If we are not careful, the feds could do to this family what they did to those poor Branch Davidians outside Waco, Texas, and to the Weaver family near Ruby Ridge, Idaho. This should be a wake-up call for all of us out west to let our elected officials know under no uncertain terms that we will not tolerate such conduct in our backyards.

The citizens of Connecticut are resisting their own tyrannical State as it attempts to deny them their Second Amendment rights; now it's time for the citizens of the western states to resist the tyrannical Bureau of Land Management (and any other federal agency) that attempts to usurp the Tenth Amendment and private property rights of their fellow citizens.

I realize that there are several legislative and judicial efforts underway around the country to push back against this runaway federal government. All of this takes time. In the meantime, a family in Clark County, Nevada, is fighting RIGHT NOW for all of us. This dear man is putting everything he owns, as well as the very safety of his family, on the line. To coin a maxim from the German pastor, Martin Neimoller: "First, they came for the Randy Weaver family in Idaho, and I did not speak out; next, they came for the Branch Davidians in Texas, and I did not speak out; then, they came for the Cliven Bundy family in Nevada, and I did not speak out; then, they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out."

But, God willing, there are still millions of us left who will speak out. Will you be one of them? Here is the contact information for the Nevada BLM office (taken from its website):

BLM Nevada State Office
1340 Financial Blvd.
Reno, NV 89502
Front desk: 775-861-6601775-861-6601
Email: [email protected]

Thanks for posting this article.

Is it time to speak out? It's been time! It's been a long time comin'!

My question is: What micro-cephalic bureaucrat is in charge of this operation?
It's hard to believe that they can't see an imminent conflagration with this type of Nazi tactics!
Perhaps they want shots fired, so they can close the town down and then be vindicated in imposing martial law and taking the land?

Are these BLM rangers or hired mercenary thugs?

I'll be e-mailing Nevada BLM today and asking just such a question.
Will

uncle_zpsa61ec0c2.jpg

Thanks for posting this article.

Is it time to speak out? It's been time! It's been a long time comin'!

My question is: What micro-cephalic bureaucrat is in charge of this operation?
It's hard to believe that they can't see an imminent conflagration with this type of Nazi tactics!
Perhaps they want shots fired, so they can close the town down and then be vindicated in imposing martial law and taking the land?

Are these BLM rangers or hired mercenary thugs?

I'll be e-mailing Nevada BLM today and asking just such a question.
Will

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR

About Secretary Jewell

Sally Jewell was sworn in as the 51st Secretary of the Interior on April 12, 2013.

In nominating Jewell, President Obama said, "She is an expert on the energy and climate issues that are going to shape our future. She is committed to building our nation-to-nation relationship with Indian Country. She knows the link between conservation and good jobs. She knows that there's no contradiction between being good stewards of the land and our economic progress; that in fact, those two things need to go hand in hand."

As Secretary of the Interior, Jewell leads an agency with more than 70,000 employees. Interior serves as steward for approximately 20 percent of the nation's lands, including national parks, national wildlife refuges, and other public lands; oversees the responsible development of conventional and renewable energy supplies on public lands and waters; is the largest supplier and manager of water in the 17 Western states; and upholds trust responsibilities to the 566 federally recognized American Indian tribes and Alaska Natives.

Prior to her confirmation, Jewell served in the private sector, most recently as President and Chief Executive Officer of Recreation Equipment, Inc. (REI). Jewell joined REI as Chief Operating Officer in 2000 and was named CEO in 2005. During her tenure, REI nearly tripled in business to $2 billion and was consistently ranked one of the 100 best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine.

Before joining to REI, Jewell spent 19 years as a commercial banker, first as an energy and natural resources expert and later working with a diverse array of businesses that drive our nation's
economy. Trained as a petroleum engineer, Jewell started her career with Mobil Oil Corp. in the oil and gas fields of Oklahoma and the exploration and production office in Denver, Colo. where she was exposed to the remarkable diversity of our nation's oil and gas resources.

An avid outdoorswoman, Jewell finds time to explore her backyard in the Pacific Northwest where she enjoys skiing, kayaking, hiking and other activities. She has scaled Mount Rainier on seven occasions, and recently climbed Vinson Massif, the highest mountain in Antarctica.

Jewell has worked to ensure that public lands are accessible and relevant to all people from all backgrounds, and to build a connection between the great outdoors and a new generation of Americans.

Jewell is a graduate of the University of Washington. She and her husband, Warren, have two adult children, Peter and Anne.

Public lands.... really means nothing anymore.

I'm sure native americans of the past would agree, considering they were rounded up, removed from "public" lands, and forced onto reservations. Who would have thought history could repeat itself?! It appears nothing really changes. While I am not a fan of blood shed, I won't fault the PEOPLE from doing whatever they have to do to put the BLM scumbags in their place.

Just a preview of the future?

I don't' know how credible it is, but I keep hearing this finally happened, because Harry Reid and his cronies brokered a deal with a Chinese solar power company to build a plant on that very land... A chinese company building a solar plant american public lands, yet a american can't even use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Public lands.... really means nothing anymore.

I'm sure native americans of the past would agree, considering they were rounded up, removed from "public" lands, and forced onto reservations. Who would have thought history could repeat itself?! It appears nothing really changes. While I am not a fan of blood shed, I won't fault the PEOPLE from doing whatever they have to do to put the BLM scumbags in their place.

Just a preview of the future?

I don't' know how credible it is, but I keep hearing this finally happened, because Harry Reid and his cronies brokered a deal with a Chinese solar power company to build a plant on that very land... A chinese company building a solar plant american public lands, yet a american can't even use it.

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-sen-harry-reid-behind-blm-land-grab-of-bundy-ranch/

I am more worryed about what impack it will have on are gun rights if this turns into cops shooting ranchers. As for Harry Reid making a land grab we all knew it was about the land. there is only two
Reasons that a federal agency expends this much effort 1: their running a fund raiser. Which always means dead bodys or 2: the land has a value to someone who can directly affect their funding.

There seems to be a pattern here. The Hage family has been similarly harassed and eventually won in court:

"The 104-page opinion by U.S. District Court Judge Robert C. Jones on May 23 in Nevada tells a sordid and infuriating tale of a two-decades-long conspiracy among federal employees of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) of the Department of the Interior to deny the grazing rights of a Nevada ranching family, interfere with their water rights, and destroy their cattle business by scaring away their customers."

http://blog.heritage.org/.../court-rebuffs-government.../
yQcIkBZ&w=154&h=154&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.heritage.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FWayne-Hage130611.jpg
Government's Shocking Interference in Rancher's Life - The Foundry: Conservative Policy News...
blog.heritage.org
A startling court decision on government wrongdoing is a stark reminder of how the federal government can ruin American lives and businesses.

BLM seems to be pulling out

However, today the BLM said it would not enforce a court order to remove the cattle and was pulling out of the area.
"Based on information about conditions on the ground, and in consultation with law enforcement, we have made a decision to conclude the cattle gather because of our serious concern about the safety of employees and members of the public," BLM Director Neil Kornze said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nevada-cattle-rancher-wins-range-war-federal-government/story?id=23302610

Despite the fact that the Bureau of Land Management has backed down and announced it will cease its operation to round up Bundy's cattle, the rancher gave [Clark County Sheriff] Gillespie a one hour time limit to seize all firearms from BLM agents involved in the siege.

Video footage from the scene in Bunkerville shows hundreds of cowboys on horseback, with supporters now vowing to take back hundreds of cattle the feds have already stolen from Bundy.

Infowars reporter David Knight is at the center of the scene and says he clearly heard BLM federal agents threaten to shoot men, women and children.

Police are now blocking roads and demanding that hundreds of Bundy supporters turn back as tensions mount.

SWAT teams are also in place.

@PrisonPlanet #BundyRanch NOT OVER: heads up…LV SWAT suiting up 1 mile from #BundyRanch#tcot #milita pic.twitter.com/pmaIhKrGwb

— Anonymous 0407 (@Anonymous0407) April 12, 2014

Some are now reporting that BLM have pulled out of the area and police are allowing vehicles to pass.

@PrisonPlanet BLM has pulled out Highway patrol backed down…..letting vehicles pass…..My friend is on scene

— Conservative Leader (@ConservativeLDR) April 12, 2014

The Las Vegas Review Journal is reporting that the BLM has agreed to completely cave and release all the cattle they rounded up.

UPDATE: BLM will release cattle caught in Bunkerville roundup. More to come. #BundyRanch

Despite the fact that the Bureau of Land Management has backed down and announced it will cease its operation to round up Bundy's cattle, the rancher gave [Clark County Sheriff] Gillespie a one hour time limit to seize all firearms from BLM agents involved in the siege.

Video footage from the scene in Bunkerville shows hundreds of cowboys on horseback, with supporters now vowing to take back hundreds of cattle the feds have already stolen from Bundy.

Infowars reporter David Knight is at the center of the scene and says he clearly heard BLM federal agents threaten to shoot men, women and children.

Police are now blocking roads and demanding that hundreds of Bundy supporters turn back as tensions mount.

SWAT teams are also in place.

@PrisonPlanet #BundyRanch NOT OVER: heads up…LV SWAT suiting up 1 mile from #BundyRanch#tcot #milita pic.twitter.com/pmaIhKrGwb

— Anonymous 0407 (@Anonymous0407) April 12, 2014

Some are now reporting that BLM have pulled out of the area and police are allowing vehicles to pass.

@PrisonPlanet BLM has pulled out Highway patrol backed down…..letting vehicles pass…..My friend is on scene

— Conservative Leader (@ConservativeLDR) April 12, 2014

The Las Vegas Review Journal is reporting that the BLM has agreed to completely cave and release all the cattle they rounded up.

UPDATE: BLM will release cattle caught in Bunkerville roundup. More to come. #BundyRanch

Just a tactical regroup because of the overwhelming show of support. They were caught with their pants down so to speak and that will not happen next time. Don't think this is over, not by a long shot.

The whole "First Amendment Area" confuses me. Shouldn't that fencing be around the whole United States? I didn't know Amendments had land barriers?

Pics above give too much away. Those positions won't be available next time around....

I'm still waiting to see if the Harry Reid and China's ENN Energy story grows any legs with the media! This is what everyone should be up in arms about.

Does Bundy have a title or a deed to the property - if not to me he is nothing more than a squatter. To me he wants to control of a piece of property that he has no legal right to just because he and his family has had the privilege of using it for decades does not mean he has the right to use it forever. Using armed force to take over property that does belong to you is stealing in my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top