JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought I'd share with you all something I picked up on CraigsList today. All I know it is a Military Desk that would be used in the field. It is old...how old...no idea! Vietnam? Korean War? I have NO idea but IF you do or know ANYTHING on it please share! One drawer is labeled "Service Records".

I actually got the one in the picture and another that is much rougher and needs repair. I'm excited and my couch is comfortable so win win with the wife get angry when she wakes up tomorrow. :p

Again ANY information you know about it would be great...would LOVE to know the history!!

Take care!

militaryDesk1.jpg

Looking at the rivets and latches I would guess it was Korea or per-Vietanam Maybe 51-60 hard to say for sure.
But does not look ww2 due to latches

Looking at the rivets and latches I would guess it was Korea or per-Vietanam Maybe 51-60 hard to say for sure.
But does not look ww2 due to latches

Oh thanks for the info. One friend thought Korea also! I wish I could narrow for historical value and it would be great to know the actual value. No matter what I will pass it down to my son or maybe fix the second and he can use it as a desk for homework!

Should be a FSN(Federal Stock Number) or NSN(National Stock Number) and a DSA or DLA Number stenciled on the inside. Did it come with the stool strapped to the Lid?? These were still in use through the First Gulf War...Company Clerks Field Desk...Nice piece

Should be a FSN(Federal Stock Number) or NSN(National Stock Number) and a DSA or DLA Number stenciled on the inside. Did it come with the stool strapped to the Lid?? These were still in use through the First Gulf War...Company Clerks Field Desk...Nice piece

No stool but I bet those were lost or thrown away a lot! I'll look inside tomorrow for the number. Is there a place I can look it up if I find one?

Good article (ignore the ads and pop-ups) on the field desk. What Is a Field Desk?

From what I can tell and have looked up so far this one is probably Korean or pre-Vietnam as mentioned by ShootFirst. It is NOT WWII as the pictures I have come across for those does not look like this one at all.

I'm making this my desk for my office as I do not use my office much right now and am usually on my laptop anyways...the best part about getting this desk is the history lesson it has given me and something I can pass down to my son.

These have been around forever, but I used them in the military as recently as the early 90s
I was about to post nearly the same as 9mil. I too used the same thing for my field office but prior to heading out I would pack the thing with food, pogie bait etc. so when I got to where we were going I was well prepared

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top