JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I write this to inform, those that may wonder in the future. Kind of as a super quick review. (There are pleanty of long winded reviews elsewhere, especially youtube.)

Well a few weeks ago I bought the Spyderco Manix 2. Not the XL version as I was looking for a EDC blade. I got it and I really like it. My only two complaints would be (1) it is not a smooth close action (it takes some work), and (2) because of the leaf blade shape and the ergonomic handle it takes to much room in a pocket. I can't get my hand by it to get my keys. But I went with the Manix 2 because I thought the Para Military 2 (which I had handled before) was to slender to feel comfortable in hand. Also I bought the Manix first thinking I would be a little different, as most people own or have heard of the Para Military. After having and carrying the Manix 2 for 2 weeks, I became a believer in Spyderco, but thought that they are so close with the Manix they must have nailed it with the Para.

I ordered the Para Military 2, and received it today. It is not as weighty as the Manix 2, slimmer than the Manix 2, and the locking mechanism makes it smoother to close. (Thought the Manix lock seems like it would be tougher) And to boot the Para has a longer blade.

I am now officially a Spyderco Fan. Both are awesome, depending on what you want. I am happy to have both, but if I only wanted one it would be the Para Military 2.

I think while using them I would prefer the Manix, but as something I carry all day and use 2 or 3 times, I go for the Para.

PS I have the Manix in all black, and the Para in black blade with the camo handle. Both are very nice looking knives.

Last Edited:
Random Google Images
Allegedly

Manix 2

img-spyderco-manix2-01.jpg

Para Military 2
large-sc81gp2.jpg

In any knife review certain key things are looked for
- one is the sound the blade makes when opening -
Also -
USA made?
Steel?

This has camo & black blade - but photobucket so hard-ish to snag link

Random Google Images
Allegedly

Manix 2

View attachment 257016

Para Military 2
View attachment 257017

In any knife review certain key things are looked for
- one is the sound the blade makes when opening -
Also -
USA made?
Steel?

This has camo & black blade - but photobucket so hard-ish to snag link

That is close. These are per Spyderco website. I may take some when it is light outside.
The manix 2 is full flat grind (which the pic you had wasn't), and black blade. Looks like this:
C101GBBK2_L.jpg

The para 2 I got is camo and black blade:
C81GCMOBK2_L.jpg

Well if you are dumb enough to bring a knife to a gun fight,this is what you bring.
Maybe they hesitate before they just shoot you
The matriarch? I believe
With this you let the bad guy grab you then you put this next to his jewels
He looses his grip kinda sudden

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews