midwest industries reviews?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by sonic, Dec 11, 2016.

1. sonic

sonic
    medford, oregon

I am looking in to getting a midwest industries gen 3 the series quad rail are they a good company quality? I have a utg that I was using any I could not sight my BUIS to it because my windage was maxed to one side...... thanks in advances

2. BaggerRyder

BaggerRyder
    The Couv

I have one of their SS series one piece hand guards and am very satisfied with it. No problems at all.

sonic likes this.
  3. Fjordforder

Fjordforder
    Pierce County

I used to use their quadrail on my AKS-74. Rock solid product. If that one is anything to go by expect it to be tough as bad jerky but comfy like your pillow after a long day. I dunno what finish they use but it`s so smooth on the metal. I like that the rails are declawed too, they don`t dig into your hand.

sonic likes this.
  4. eightyeight mag

eightyeight mag
    sw wa

They make very quality products and stand behind them . great customer service too in my experience

sonic likes this.
  5. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I've heard good things about them and their products.

sonic likes this.
  6. sonic

sonic
    medford, oregon

awesome thanks for all the replys!

7. IronMonster

IronMonster
    Free Idaho!
    Opinionated Member Lifetime Supporter

I probably have 6 of there forends. I like them ;-)

sonic likes this.
  8. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Mmm, pizza, CHOMP!
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I don't own any of their products, but while doing research to plan a build their Customer Service crew were very helpful. (I particularly respect people who give me the answer I need even when they know it'll probably cost them a sale, and try to flag such companies to actively LOOK for opportunities to do business with them on future projects.)

sonic likes this.
  9. tfbit

tfbit
    Eugene, OR

I've got two of their gen 2 lightweight M-LOK. Very nice, slim, and comfortable to carry. I had to go slightly over their torque spec to line up the barrel nut on both uppers so if you worry about that kind of thing you may want to be ready with a shim kit.

sonic likes this.
  10. sonic

sonic
    medford, oregon

I am coming from a utg pro and it's garbage I put it on my noveske and went to sight it in my windage was clocked all the way to the right and I still was not zeroed so I think the rail was bent now I am all sketched out about a rail thinking I have to spend 300 plus on a rail for one I can rely on I got the Midwest industries gen 3 the series rail so we will see how it goes

11. jordanka16

jordanka16
    Albany, OR
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I have one of their keymod rails on my 18" SPR, it's a very light, strong, and low profile rail that is well made, they make good stuff. The only one better I've used is the KMR.

IronMonster and sonic like this.
  12. IronMonster

IronMonster
    Free Idaho!
    Opinionated Member Lifetime Supporter

I really like the KMR, got two and they are the nicest I own, better than the NSR me thinks.

But they are not cheap :D

13. B5Ben

B5Ben
    Boise
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Agreed. I like MI products and I wouldn't hesitate to get another. They can be spendy but bargains can be had too.

Quad rails, in general, are a different story and all personal preference. :D