JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always wanted one made by Saginaw Steering Gear... only because I briefly worked there after getting laid off by the sheriff's office before I enlisted. Looks like those are only shooter grade.

As an aside, I have shot a friend's repro Inland; it was okay, but it just seems to me that ya gotta have an original old wartime carbine.

I assume these bypassed the CMP because they were originally 'owned' by the Italian government and not a part of lend - lease ? Or maybe were but somehow found their way to a supplier ?
I was kind of curious about that. The article I read said that it was given to the Italian government by the US. The Italian government then issued them to the Carabinieri who eventually retired them in the 70s.

Based on that, I have to believe these carbines will be in fantastic condition compared to those Ethiopian carbines that Royal Tiger found.

So I am wondering why they were not returned to the US govt and sold thru the CMP.

What is surprising is that these guns remained secure in Italy all of these years despite a lack of documentation surrounding them. You'd think they would have disappeared in the night when the night watchman accidentally left the warehouse alarm turned off. And then after being fired the watchman retired to a big house in the Caribbean.

Parenthetically, does anyone make a decent repro these days? I hear good things about Inland Manufacturing (the present company, not the manufacturer of yesteryear), but haven't giving it a spin. Everything I've heard about Universals is pretty bad and the one Auto-Ordnance we had was the biggest pile of goat blop of a rifle I probably ever owned.
Not exactly a repro, but James River and Classic Firearms were doing M1 Carbine refurbs this year. There were several available on Gunbroker. For those people who don't want to roll the dice on a Royal Tiger Import.

yoda.jpg

Hmmm...Strong with this group is the import pricing.

Crikey...just received an E-mail from Midway. The M1 Carbines will not be sold in California.

...not cool Mr. Potterfield. Not cool.

Oh well, in comparison, looks like my IBM import purchase from last year has doubled or tripled in value.

Crikey...just received an E-mail from Midway. The M1 Carbines will not be sold in California.

...not cool Mr. Potterfield. Not cool.

Oh well, in comparison, looks like my IBM import purchase from last year has doubled or tripled in value.
Actually, I wish that all gun manufacturers would stop selling to states like California, law enforcement included.

They sent a note this afternoon…various makers and grades up to $2,299.00 for Rockola "fine" listed under new arrivals BUT, four days and 11 hours until they let those who signed up actual try to buy one…good luck…

I'm happy for everyone else who is happy about this. BUT: I'm a bit jaded about M1 Carbines, having gone through that phase earlier in my life. They just don't do anything for me any more. Prices asked by Midway don't seem like any bargain. I'll bet they had to pay quite a bit for these. Values on everything in the world are known today, thanks to the internet. Probably peasants in Kyrgyzstan know the value of M1 Carbines and how hungry many Americans are for them. The other problem for me would be another sight unseen purchase thing.

I've owned several M carbines over the years. Shooters as well as the holy grail, all original Rock Ola with tiger striped stock. The only one I currently own is a nice all original STD PROD. All parts are Standard Products or their approved sub-contractors. Low wood stock is the only disappointment. I purchased it from a forum member that treated me very fairly, as he does all forum members. I could not and would not pay Larry Potterfield what he's going to ask. Look around for deals, I think they're out there.

I'm by no means a collector, but l really think l need one of these in my life.
One stamped ROCK-OLA.
$2,299.00 for Rockola
... and there goes my dream.

Fun Fact; the founder of Rock-Ola was David Rockola. A surprising factoid for those of us who (like me) grew up thinking the Rock-Ola jukeboxes just had a clever, 50s-sounding name. His company predates rock-n-roll by a few decades.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top