JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Any doctor could take it out very easily - I think they put 'em in shallow enough that many GP's would be willing and able to do the minor surgery in their neighborhood offices.

What if the chip contained your ID and bank info, and without it you couldn't buy anything in a store? What if it was a replacement for your credit cards, D/L, ID, med. records, etc? What if it came with the advent of a cashless society, and you absolutely needed the chip to make a purchase? What if you couldn't get online without it? What if you couldn't buy food or gas without it?

What if you couldn't get medical attention without it?

How tough would we all be?

What if the chip contained your ID and bank info, and without it you couldn't buy anything in a store? What if it was a replacement for your credit cards, D/L, ID, med. records, etc? What if it came with the advent of a cashless society, and you absolutely needed the chip to make a purchase? What if you couldn't get online without it? What if you couldn't buy food or gas without it?

The thing is we have to not let it get to that point.

The thing is we have to not let it get to that point.

I think it's pretty clear that all the advantages of micro chipping are not outweighed by the fear of a future Orwellian government trying to control the masses at large.

Besides chipping animals, criminals, soldiers, government employees, it might be useful as well to chip those that never completed high school as well, or possible have a national IQ test...those that test somewhere between functionally retarded and moron, should probably be chipped as well.

A nice feature of chips, is that proximity scanners can be used to lock doors or open doors due to specific chips in the area...

I'll tell you what would be great...is I could walk around with a scanner, find out if the guy I am talking to is a moron, ends arguments at the gun store...if a guy wants to rant about politics or philosophy, and with a wave of my scanner it screams 'moron, moron, IQ of 82!'...I could just laugh and walk away....so cool!

Gee I don't know... Strangly I think I read about something like that coming in a book once. What book and chapter was that?

O yes I remember. It was the weird and obscure book called the Bible and the chapter was Revelation 13.

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, Dan. 7.3 having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. Rev. 17.3--0.-12

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: Dan. 7.4-6 and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 ¶ And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, Dan. 7.8, 25 ; 11.36 to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: Dan. 7.21 and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life Ps. 69.28 of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: Jer. 15.2 he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11 ¶ And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 and deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Weird!

Microchip found in an HKPro handgun...probably used for tracking the shipments..gps enabled...

<broken link removed>

I have some smartcard chips I should start sticking one to the inside of every gun I get rid of........

i_want_to_believe.jpg

OK, I buy a card at our car wash that looks like a credit card. It costs me $36 and it's good for 6 washes. I just scan it and it removes one wash credit from the card.

In a store they can now scan my debit or credit card and change my bank or credit card balance. The Visa/MasterCard servers are all in Amsterdam, but they get updated instantly.

What's such a stretch to believe that all this could be on a chip, and then add any criminal history, credit rating, medical info, medical ins. info, meds I take, D/L info, car ins. info, etc. etc.? All of that except maybe some past medical info is already in computer databases, and Obama has talked about putting everyone's med info in a database to "save time and money."

Is it such a stretch to think it could be done?

Is it such a stretch to think that a "bad" government could require it to engage in commerce, drive, buy, get medical help, etc. etc?

The technology's all pretty much there, but I think there will be so much consumer resistance to the idea that it'll never take off. The only advantage over a single card that does everything (which would be nearly as threatening to individual privacy and autonomy) would be that you can't lose it.

I'm not even going to bother thinking about implants until they try to put my drivers' license and credit/debit cards on the same piece of plastic. And even then, I'm going to be a lot more worried about the plastic.

The technology's all pretty much there, but I think there will be so much consumer resistance to the idea that it'll never take off. The only advantage over a single card that does everything (which would be nearly as threatening to individual privacy and autonomy) would be that you can't lose it.

I'm not even going to bother thinking about implants until they try to put my drivers' license and credit/debit cards on the same piece of plastic. And even then, I'm going to be a lot more worried about the plastic.

I wasn't really thinking about consumers or free markets. I was thinking more of a government or dictator anywhere in the world wanting to do this to control people. I was thinking of laws with penalties requiring it.

I was musing that the technology is here, too. Even the databases already exist. Just merge them, or cause the chip to access the existing ones. SS#? D/L#? Credit rating? Bank balance debit? C/C balance and approval and charge? No problem.

I wasn't really thinking about consumers or free markets. I was thinking more of a government or dictator anywhere in the world wanting to do this to control people. I was thinking of laws with penalties requiring it.

I was musing that the technology is here, too. Even the databases already exist. Just merge them, or cause the chip to access the existing ones. SS#? D/L#? Credit rating? Bank balance debit? C/C balance and approval and charge? No problem.

It would cost billions to link the databases, but the technology's definitely here.

Easy enough already, though, for law enforcement to look it all up separately.

Cell phones are being rigged to turn on and scan for the frequency of the microchip..since the cell phone is close to the 'chip'...and gps enabling...done deal...real time tracking, vid and sound...

All they have to do is send a signal through the cell phone provider. worldwide...to look for the digital number in the chip...boom got ya.

It would cost billions to link the databases, but the technology's definitely here.

Easy enough already, though, for law enforcement to look it all up separately.

What's billions to a government which can think only in trillions? :s0114: :s0114: :s0114:

LE can't access your medical records at least without a warrant under normal conditions. Hipaa.

Also, with a chip, if one was required to buy or sell and you therefore got one, they could also put a hold on you. If you're a suspected bad guy, everywhere you went a satellite could track you. They could cut off your buying or selling and they could cut off medical aid. All could be done with a client server or controller remotely with the click of a mouse.

The technology is here. This may well be political fiction and mere musing, but it isn't science fiction.

Chips -- I say **** no, as do most others on here.

Yet we willing get fingerprinted to get a conceal/carry permit?

Sounds inconsistent to me.

Why do I have to get fingerprinted for the conceal/carry? They already are looking at my passport and my driver's license.

It looks like the US military is in testing of implantation of microchips into soldiers...the UK is 'chipping' prisoners now..hospitals are evidently doing this for certain patients...some asylums are doing this, as the doors auto lock when a patient comes up to a door....

Personally, I am somewhat on the fence...I don't want to be 'chipped' but I think there are a ton of peeps who should be....

Maybe 'chip' those with an IQ below 130?

I support the notion that anyone who thinks we should all be "chipped" should be chipped so we know where they are at all times. ...including all those brilliant "social plaaaaners".

Everyone else should be exempt.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top