Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Microchip Implantation: For or against...

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by SSG, Mar 28, 2010.

1. SSG

SSG Lane County New Member

It looks like the US military is in testing of implantation of microchips into soldiers...the UK is 'chipping' prisoners now..hospitals are evidently doing this for certain patients...some asylums are doing this, as the doors auto lock when a patient comes up to a door....

Personally, I am somewhat on the fence...I don't want to be 'chipped' but I think there are a ton of peeps who should be....

Maybe 'chip' those with an IQ below 130?

2. emanon

emanon SE Portland, Oregon Member

100% against anyone involuntarily getting chipped - and I'd try to talk most anyone out of it who was planning it.

3. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

Only chip the people that think others should be chipped...

Solomon, carracer, wakejoe and 3 others like this.
  4. emanon

emanon SE Portland, Oregon Member

100% against anyone involuntarily getting chipped - and I'd try to talk most anyone out of it who was considering doing so!

Sabertooth and (deleted member) like this.
  5. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

That would snare pretty much every "bubba" out there... or was that your point?? :laugh:

I can see it for mental patients with a permanent "disability", sex offenders who the stupid system allows back on the street, and liberal democrats. I mean lets face it, that LAST group needs to be kept track of! :D :thumbup: :paranoid:

6. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

+infinity on that :thumbup:

7. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

For my dog, yes.
    for my kids, no.
    We did have a horse once that we had chipped.
    For me? Heck, it's too late for that! :thumbup:

8. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Don't post this at NWFA

9. zeezee

zeezee nowheresville Member

Is that your question, for or against? What are you brain dead? No offense intended.
    :bluelaugh:

10. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

I am 100% for all people working for the government being chipped. We need to keep close watch on those people.

jj

11. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

I think the concept is quite scary actually. It is a load of cow 'chips'.

12. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

13. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I'm only in favor of Just Jim being chipped... ;)

14. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks bear:paranoid: You are big enough to do it but you won't be happy what you step in getting it done.:bluelaugh::bluelaugh::bluelaugh:

jj

15. zeezee

zeezee nowheresville Member

Do a little further research and see that some of these chips have arsenic in them or some other drug that when release, either by tampering with the unit or via radio signal, you are incapacitated or just plain dead. I think we need to push to have the 28th Amendment set in place starting tomorrow.

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States".

16. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

I wouldn't even put it in a dog or cat. if you do some research, you'll find reports of chipped animals, especially smaller animals, developing lymphoma and other cancers in the vicinity of the chip.

17. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

Revelations 13:16-18

Resemblance is too eerie. Getting chipped could be just the first step, just to get us used to the idea, so we don't resist when the time comes.

18. Atroxus

Atroxus Marysville, WA Member

This is a topic that I am on the fence about. At times I think that having a locator chip implanted in dangerous criminals might be nice so they can be located if they escape, or go somewhere they shouldn't(like a sex offender hanging around near a school). The thought of LEOs/government being able to track the location and who knows what else of every US citizen scares me though. I have also considered getting some kind of GPS tracking bracelet or anklet for my son in case he was ever kidnapped, but something like that could be removed if a kidnapper found it. A chip would solve that problem, but I have a hard time justifying making that decision for my child. Sure it would make me more comfortable knowing I could find him quickly, but then again it's my job to be vigilant and watch out for my children. :huh:

19. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

No thanks! No chips for anyone. No national ID either thanks.

20. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm against having any computer chips placed in my organic body. I don't wanna be a borg! :robot:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.