JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<broken link removed>

There is already the Tarasoff Warning. I don't see any sense in going any further into confidential information than that. Not sure about Oregon, but in California, a therapist is obligated to report to the authorities indications of abuse or intent to hurt somebody or him/herself.

Somebody in this thread had mentioned the due process involved in sanctioning a person's 2a rights. In my opinion, it's already an issue with Tarasoff warnings and civil commitments as it stands. As it is, some people can't shake the 2a ban for the rest of their lives. I certainly would not want that to get any worse.

Almost 30 years ago I had a girl friend, bought a .38 for her to shoot. She had a history of being committed to psychiatric hospitals. After we broke up her psychiatrist called me and told me she was out to kill me and to go pick up the weapon before she got out of the hosp. I did, then got my CPL!
Now the Dr. would call the BATF and have the weapon confiscated. Either way it'd work out that she'd no longer have a gun.
BTW: an RO at the pit offered to take he under his wing to shoot competitively, she was that good so I took the threat seriously

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top