JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is there anyone here that knows of a place to shoot going out past memoloose green bridge on hwy 224. And not the one the 1/2 mile past the green bridge.
If you send it to me in a conversation I promise not to share it with the world and I will owe you one.

My buddy who lives in estacada told me yesterday that it is still closed due to mudslides. Rumor is that its gonna be a while before it's open.

They say still unstable conditions. I did notice that the sign says something like Local traffic only and people we driving up the 224. It's just that Memaloose pit is still closed. You can get there on the NF 45 road off Hillockburn Rd, but it's a long bumpy road up and over the hill. There is a real sweet, big pit at the top of the hill on NF 45, however...

Might get 100 yards by moving a target up the hill a little. Otherwise, looks to be 75 yrds on flat ground.
2-14 MT Hood Big Pit top of NF 45 1.jpg

They say still unstable conditions. I did notice that the sign says something like Local traffic only and people we driving up the 224. It's just that Memaloose pit is still closed. You can get there on the NF 45 road off Hillockburn Rd, but it's a long bumpy road up and over the hill. There is a real sweet, big pit at the top of the hill on NF 45, however...

Might get 100 yards by moving a target up the hill a little. Otherwise, looks to be 75 yrds on flat ground.
View attachment 222165
Do you have the coordinates for that pit?

Could one access the pit from a different road...one other than nf 45 off of the highway?

Yes, Pitts, you can, however, I'm not sure that the Memaloose pit will be open or not. Following the NF 45 (4500), you would pass right by that big pit that I pictured above and Jacob referenced. I believe, however, if you stayed on NF 45, you would get to Memaloose. Perhaps it would be best to call the Ranger District office in Estacada before you tried that long drive on the 45. Their office number is: 503-630-6861

Do you have the coordinates for that pit?

Map coordinates: 45.142037, -122.234857
Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/inZWQ

This pit is about 13-15 miles on NF 45, from Hillock Burn road and Hwy 211.

Hope that helps!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads