JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nervous to leave the wife and kid home along for long right now anyway....

Hey Brother Taco Lean, what is up with that? All this talk about social unrest got you freaked?

BTW, nobody better mess with my wife at home while I'm gone.......................... She's a better shot than I and much much meaner!!!

La Grande Rifle and Pistol Club outdoor ranges (in the forest up the Grande Ronde River) are still open to members and their guests. I was at the 100yd range two weeks ago and was the only person there. Was at the Pistol Range, 11 bays with berms, on Sunday... there were people there but there was at least two bays, maybe three bays, of separation between shooters.

There were small groups of shooters, maintaining social distancing, but I think gunsmoke kills CoV19 anyway!!

Last Edited:
:s0004::s0013::s0146::s0161:

Feel better now???

As for me, I've put all the Covid threads and new shooter threads on "ignore thread". Every tiny bit of information/rumor/misinformation has been bandied about endlessly. I'm completely burned out on it. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I don't need to be beat up about it every minute of every day.

Thanx for bringing it to the Outdoor Shooting Areas forum room. :(

Please don't misunderstand, I firmly believe you have the unmitigated right to write what you think. I've just been bummed out enough already.

Peace,

Out
Yeah, know what you mean. Should have changed the thread name at least!

Carry on!

People are getting sick and the number of deaths are growing, hospitals are being over run and facing dwindling protection gear for the front line people, people are out of work with no source of income and many businesses will probably not be able to reopen even when things come back to normal... and people are worried about where to shoot, the cost and availability of ammunition and the ending of civilized society and complete chaos (the people that believe this are the ones I really find on the bottom end of the IQ chain) and takeover by armed gangs.

I know for some, shooting up thousands of rounds of ammunition is the only thing in life that you know and you are oblivious to everything else around you (or could care less about how anyone else is doing) but there is really something wrong with people's priorities some time.

People talk about how virus free the outdoors is, but many of you are forgetting that much of that outdoors no longer have the support agencies available that work so hard to maintain them so that we can enjoy them and patrol the areas so that those that are out there are safe and as few of the destructive idiots that also share those out doors do not destroy everything. That has to do with why they are closing a lot of the areas, not because they feel that people will catch the virus when they are the only one in the woods.

No, it doesn't make sense why they close some places, but common sense says that it is easier to close a large area than it is to close some parts and leave other parts within that area open. Right now and for some time to come, taking the easy way is going to be a way of life.

I know some of you get it, but it seems like so many haven't a clue of what is going on and how it's affecting people and lives and being able to go out and waste ammo is way down on the priority list of things that would be on any essential to-do list.

Mike

You're right. I was going to go back on my property and shoot some today and blow off some steam, but instead I think I'll just sit here on my phone and hit refresh every 10 seconds and obsess over all of the latest death counts and stats that I have zero control over. That seems much healthier. Thanks:s0155:

Feel better now???

As for me, I've put all the Covid threads and new shooter threads on "ignore thread". Every tiny bit of information/rumor/misinformation has been bandied about endlessly. I'm completely burned out on it. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I don't need to be beat up about it every minute of every day.

Please don't misunderstand, I firmly believe you have the unmitigated right to write what you think. I've just been bummed out enough already.

Peace,

Out
No joke. I'm done with it.

Hey Brother Taco Lean, what is up with that? All this talk about social unrest got you freaked?

Yeah it does. All the training and all the guns, I would feel awefully silly if something actually happened and I was gone! I was never able to get my wife to practice very much, and with the kid now too, she would be fairly helpless.

Also I am only 50% done on my reinforcement plans for the house. If I had filmed the windows I would feel a lot better.

Also secondary things to think about: driving is the most risky thing we do. Ending up in the hospital right now would be very bad. Also bad for society, they need all the beds they can get. How would I justify it if someone's grandpa died cus I was hogging a hospital bed!

Plus I have a SBR stamp in process and new armor on the way, so holding out until those things get here. And by then thungs will have calmed down or kicked off!

#flugaloo

Yeah it does. All the training and all the guns, I would feel awefully silly if something actually happened and I was gone! I was never able to get my wife to practice very much, and with the kid now too, she would be fairly helpless.

Also I am only 50% done on my reinforcement plans for the house. If I had filmed the windows I would feel a lot better.

Also secondary things to think about: driving is the most risky thing we do. Ending up in the hospital right now would be very bad. Also bad for society, they need all the beds they can get. How would I justify it if someone's grandpa died cus I was hogging a hospital bed!

Plus I have a SBR stamp in process and new armor on the way, so holding out until those things get here. And by then thungs will have calmed down or kicked off!

#flugaloo

Calmite Hermano.... this too shall pass!!!

Mas cerveza es un muy bueno! (Pardon my poor grammar)

Another weak individual(I'm trying to be kind there). The indoctrination works on people like you. Get out of the news cycle, and just outdoors. You can take precautions. If you have a reasoning mind. You can get though this. "JUST LIKE WE DID WITH POLIO". And that was done without the technology we have today!!!

Feel better now???

Peace,

Out

there are always those who will try to shame you for actually still trying to live your life.

heaven forbid we talk about still trying to shoot on a firearms forum.

Another weak individual(I'm trying to be kind there). The indoctrination works on people like you. Get out of the news cycle, and just outdoors. You can take precautions. If you have a reasoning mind. You can get though this. "JUST LIKE WE DID WITH POLIO". And that was done without the technology we have today!!!

I would argue that temporarily postponing a hobby to ensure your familys safety does not make one weak.

Just a thought.

I do agree the panic, fueled by the media is out of control.

Carry on.

there are always those who will try to shame you for actually still trying to live your life.

heaven forbid we talk about still trying to shoot on a firearms forum.

It's just that, you can go by yourself, or in small groups of people that you know have passed the 14day self isolation test, and be in a place far away from others. The risk can be made very small. Surely smaller than going to the store, filling up with gasoline, etc.

But some people gotta try and beat us up about it. Makes them feel all "Hallway Monitor" I guess. :(:(:(

I would argue that temporarily postponing a hobby to ensure your familys safety does not make one weak.

Just a thought.

I do agree the panic, fueled by the media is out of control.

Carry on.

Hard to say who the "weak" comment was aimed at since the poster didn't specify.

No, I don't think anybody is "weak" for staying home. It can be prudent. Everybody gotta evaluate their own situation.

To be clear, I resented the rant, not your comments at all, about us going out and shooting because enough is enough. I worry more about people getting depressed, or drinking too much, than I do about them getting out in the forest.

Last Edited:
It's just that, you can go by yourself, or in small groups of people that you know have passed the 14day self isolation test, and be in a place far away from others. The risk can be made very small. Surely smaller than going to the store, filling up with gasoline, etc.

But some people gotta try and beat us up about it. Makes them feel all "Hallway Monitor" I guess. :(:(:(
In some countries hallway monitor is akin to party member. Here in the United States we call her Karen.

People are getting sick and the number of deaths are growing, hospitals are being over run and facing dwindling protection gear for the front line people, people are out of work with no source of income and many businesses will probably not be able to reopen even when things come back to normal... and people are worried about where to shoot, the cost and availability of ammunition and the ending of civilized society and complete chaos (the people that believe this are the ones I really find on the bottom end of the IQ chain) and takeover by armed gangs.

I know for some, shooting up thousands of rounds of ammunition is the only thing in life that you know and you are oblivious to everything else around you (or could care less about how anyone else is doing) but there is really something wrong with people's priorities some time.

People talk about how virus free the outdoors is, but many of you are forgetting that much of that outdoors no longer have the support agencies available that work so hard to maintain them so that we can enjoy them and patrol the areas so that those that are out there are safe and as few of the destructive idiots that also share those out doors do not destroy everything. That has to do with why they are closing a lot of the areas, not because they feel that people will catch the virus when they are the only one in the woods.

No, it doesn't make sense why they close some places, but common sense says that it is easier to close a large area than it is to close some parts and leave other parts within that area open. Right now and for some time to come, taking the easy way is going to be a way of life.

I know some of you get it, but it seems like so many haven't a clue of what is going on and how it's affecting people and lives and being able to go out and waste ammo is way down on the priority list of things that would be on any essential to-do list.

Mike

Boy, I'm sure glad you're here to "Pop" in from time to time to give us a clue. Thanks for that. I had no idea what has been going on, from under my rock here.

Here's a clue for you. It's "COULDN'T" Care Less .

Clark Rifles and Vancouver Rifle and pistol ranges are closed. Wife and I cooped up needed some place to go. Nothing wrong
with taking a break from this Covid-19 crap. Picnic out in the woods got out today to a club I belong to in Stevenson. We had
the whole place to ourselves one day last week and for most of the day today.;)
View attachment 675313

"Sigh" I so want to get up there but I've been stuck with having to work when the weather is nice. :( I guess feeling the need for Wifey and I to get up there makes us selfish pigs of some kind. After all, with the world falling apart and all we should just be sitting at home, rocking back and fort, moaning and waiting for our time to come.

Thanks for the pic Ron. If we're lucky enough to survive these deadly times, I hope to see you up there in the future.

Ill be shooting this Sunday. While some are panic buying ammo Im going to sight in a few rifles and get my 1911 out. This is my primary hobby.. so Ill literally die doing what I love. But without the disgusting public touching everything and coughing all over stuff out in the woods.. Im quite sure Ill be fine.
Ill also be bringing bags and cleaning my spot I shoot at. Last time I was there I only had a bag for my stuff. Ill be sure to bag up much more this time.

As for the virus hype.. I work a job deemed "essential". I havent been out of the public both due to work or shopping since the day all of this started. Zero symptoms. I think most folks get scared over their lack of understanding of basic biology and virology.

No direct offense aimed at anyone: But, most of the folks that think this stuff is life and death (and we're in the end of times) are those glued to their MSM stations. Turn it off, go do something productive. Quit working yourselves up and realize this is mostly sensationalization journalism.. this is what you're watching on MSM outlets.

Has the media ever been 100% honest? Have they ever had 100% factual information right off the bat? Have they EVER had pinpoint accuracy? No.. they havent. Almost ever. What makes this covid19 any different? Just why do they have a contraction/death count ticker on the screen, even Fox has it.. Is that thing on the screen really there to "help" you and the masses? What good does it actually do? Think about all this folks.

even Fox has it..

I'm disappointed in their website. All doom and gloom, all the time. The talking heads (opinion personalities) on Fox TV seem to actually have it together.

I don't watch their regular news broadcasts since Shep, Ed, Sandra, etc turn me off, I turn them off.

Last Edited:
I'm disappointed in their website. All doom and gloom, all the time. The talking heads (opinion personalities) seem to actually have it together.

No news on in this house on purpose. I'll accidentally hear a little bit and not listen for long before I turn the channel. Even Lard Larson is on the MSM- doom and gloom bandwagon.

One thing though, is that it seems there are still a bunch of idiots that are out partying in close quarters with no regard to the harm they could cause? Maybe the media is still trying to reach those mook's?

I'm disappointed in their website. All doom and gloom, all the time. The talking heads (opinion personalities) seem to actually have it together.
I saw that.. at times its just as bad as CNN with only a slightly more positive spin and defense of the Republican political position on the matter.
When it comes to the ticker on the side screen.. I truly think its unnecessary. As there is no way those numbers are 100% accurate. The media is never pinpoint accurate.
To me, its just simply been sensationalism. Typical doom and gloom doing no one any good. So many missed opportunities to teach people and give them new perspective at this time.

What I do enjoy seeing is entire families now taking walks, jogging, & walking their dogs much more lately. People talking on the phone with friends instead of texting. People checking in with distant family. Home projects finally getting done. THAT is the stuff I've really liked seeing firsthand and on the news. So for that alone Ive appreciated this panic. Its like people finally unplugged and started to live life and spend time with their family.

No news on in this house on purpose. I'll accidentally hear a little bit and not listen for long before I turn the channel. Even Lard Larson is on the MSM- doom and gloom bandwagon.

One thing though, is that it seems there are still a bunch of idiots that are out partying in close quarters with no regard to the harm they could cause? Maybe the media is still trying to reach those mook's?

IDK. But I do think it's pretty hard to change kids, and certain classes of peoples, habits. Not sure those are watching the news anyway.

My wife always wants to catch the news. I have prohibited National Broadcast news from being in my house. But I do consent to having a bit of Idaho news for the weather, and some talking heads on YouTube replays. Used to like to watch The Five on Fox, but it's gotten too contentious. I think I'm done with panel shows where people that really don't know anything besides their own opinions/agenda talk over top of each other. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top