JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys I'm looking to get some medical training and was looking for some recommendations on classes in the Portland area. I have never taken any classes besides basic first aid and CPR but I'd like to start training for TCCC or TECC since I'm a strong believer in "if you know how to put holes in someone you should know how to patch them." Where can I start?

I'd suggest looking into a Wilderness First Aid course. It'll be focused on general first aid but in an unsupported setting.

EMT courses are designed to work within the EMS system with Engine companies, medics, and trauma docs in the pyramid. If you're not in the system a lot of the tools and techniques simply aren't applicable for the average layperson.

Of course there are specialty trainers like Nurse Amy or the Patriot Nurse who focus on prepper scenarios so those are other options.

Stop The Bleed courses are offered all over the place and will teach you proper TQ techniques, wound packing, etc. There are two free ones at Legacy Emanuel, one on 1/14/2020 and one on 2/11/2020. here's a screen grab of the info

1578199718121.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top