JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
PBP, 1st off Lars was not relaying this information. The Vice President was. Secondly Wilco is a co-op so the charter of the co-op is not to "make money" but to keep the prices down for the members.

Its not all smoke and mirrors out there. Real people have real jobs/businesses and they are struggling to make it. All the have nots and those on the dole continually want what someone else has made. There will never be enough. Again please feel free to write a check for all your income to Uncle Obama, Sleepy Ted and the lot. Just keep your hands out of my pocket.

One thing I've learned on here in the last year. I don't think theres anything you are not an expert at. Have you ever considered Politics?

Would you loan or give more money than you have already loaned or gave you your irresponsible brother inlaw? Would you say the state handles money responsibly? Do you think the state needs $10,000 per child per public school year to have poorer results than the $8,000 per child per private school year who has better results? The state of Oregon wastes more than enough money already. They don't need to be more comfortable. They need to pinch pennies and spend it like it's our money entrusted to them. EN TRUSTED! I don't care if it's %10 or less or more. The state of Oregon is getting fat. This vote was near a 50/50 vote so I know half of you agree with me. Next vote it's time to go on a diet and exercise some self control.

Every time the elected officials want more money they threaten to reduce police, fire, schools. If I had the authority I'd call thier bluff. Oh no you're not. Your going to take money from non essentials first and the essentials last. That makes sense. Thats how your suppose to run everything from monopoly to the U.S. government.

I agree with you! :s0131: Why should we trust the very people who have shown us they are no more then a welfare state :confused: I am sick and tired of paying for those who think because I work hard and save enough to live within my means that I owe them my savings and a free lunch :nuts: We have not even begun to feel the results of what we have done, and all those who believe we all owe them a free living will ride this thing to the very end and we will all be asking how we got here! :s0054:

PBP, 1st off Lars was not relaying this information. The Vice President was. Secondly Wilco is a co-op so the charter of the co-op is not to "make money" but to keep the prices down for the members.

Its not all smoke and mirrors out there. Real people have real jobs/businesses and they are struggling to make it. All the have nots and those on the dole continually want what someone else has made. There will never be enough. Again please feel free to write a check for all your income to Uncle Obama, Sleepy Ted and the lot. Just keep your hands out of my pocket.

One thing I've learned on here in the last year. I don't think theres anything you are not an expert at. Have you ever considered Politics?
Then why did they lay off 30 people to maintain a $300,000 profit? And wouldn't a $200,000 profit be fine if they are not trying to make money. I think something does not add up. How about you?

And if Lars had them on his show and allowed them to speak he was relaying the info.

It all boils down to who gets to spend the dollar. Some people think it should be the individual and some think it should be the Government. And I guess it all depends on which side of that dollar bill you are on. If half the population pays 97% of the taxes, I can see why the other 50% would like them to pay more.

$50,000 in new taxes
1-2 employees or Government Pers?
178 Ruger LCP's or Welfare checks?
Keeping your business open or new Prius's for our State Employees?
This thread? Priceless

Then why did they lay off 30 people to maintain a $300,000 profit? And wouldn't a $200,000 profit be fine if they are not trying to make money. I think something does not add up. How about you?

The Co-Op would give that "profit" back to its members.
novel idea. It is their money. Oops, maybe not.

On a personal note for the non business people who try to itemize their tax returns at the end of the year. Is that any different than what a business does? Oops again, maybe not.

Let's see some books on this company that is only making 1/7 of 1% profit on it's sales. I bet you will not find it anywhere. Like I said, that would be considered a negative return on investment.
How does a company make $300k on $180M in sales? By managing to do just a titch better than a lot of companies that ran in the red last year?

Seems to me 'cash flow' is different from pre-tax net income or assets/investment. If you can skim a sliver off a huge cash flow, but your investment is small, your ROI doesn't have to suck. (Tho' as they say, when congress is in session, no one's wallet is safe.)

Winco appears to be privately held (employee owned) so doesn't file the SEC paperwork that public corporations would file.

MrB

Somebody,...
Needs to learn the difference between gross profit (margin) on sales,...
And net profit, as in income. Which is calculated after ALL the bills, (including employee wages) are paid.

You are correct PP, no company operates on that low of margin. There are many though that realize that low of income. And THAT IS EXACTLY what one's tax rate should be based on.

That is the criminality of these bills. Tax the company on the money they are going to pay their employees, and then tax the same money again as wages (from the employee).

With 47% of the electorate working for the state how else would this vote have turned out? Sooner or later you guys might figure out why people keep saying we need small government. Our government employees just voted to keep their jobs and give themselves a raise at all of your and my exspense. Next they are going to steal the kicker

Now do you understand why I hate liberals.

jj

With 47% of the electorate working for the state how else would this vote have turned out? Sooner or later you guys might figure out why people keep saying we need small government. Our government employees just voted to keep their jobs and give themselves a raise at all of your and my exspense. Next they are going to steal the kicker

Now do you understand why I hate liberals.

jj

Let my man Just Jim have the floor! Can't argue that when so many people get thier business, paychecks and wellfare from the state that feeds them. What's that they say? Don't bite the hand that feeds you?

PBP, keep at it, don't get down. As a finance professional with one of the largest companies in the state, I am baffled by the lack of understanding among conservatives about simple corporate finance. The "example" on Lars Larson that people have posted is downright hilarious.

What raises and lowers the ability (and demand) for employees of a company?

NOT TAXES.

The answer is demand for the product or service the company sells. Why the %^*( would a company employ another person (regardless of their profit margin) if they had enough people to feed the DEMAND the company currently created?

Why did the Wilco or whatever company lay off 11 or whatever people? Because it didnt make business sense to keep them employed. If there was demand for the product and all that was left was OPEX, then either operational debt was ideal or the company used equity to employ those people and feed that demand. If they couldnt get credit based on a sound business plan and decent demand, then that is a credit problem, and those occur today because the banks lost all of their taxpayer-protected equity on poor investments.

If you have decent cash flow and reasonable equity, these new taxes mean little. If you don't, they don't.

PBP also has a very important point about off-shoring. You think these companies ever try and show a profit in the United States? Offshore deals allow them to create an entity overseas. That entity will but or sell overseas imports or exports for a "fee". That fee is carefully designed to funnel all profit to that offshore location. Another method is for the offshore entity to provide all of the intercompany transfers, increasing interest as necessary to bleed profits off shore.

Its a very cunning world of finance professionals out there. If you think that these two tax measures will really force anyone out of business or force people to lay employees off, you just don't understand accounting and finance. A company that lays off employees does it as a result of demand or poor cash flow. NOT <1.3% of additional taxes.

What we have here is theft. Pure and simple. The government has voted to steal your money and you can't do anything about it. Too many government employees so naturaly they will vote to keep their jobs. Got to ask yourself what they will do next as the money still runs out. Steal your bank account???

jj

PP, I beg to differ. I know you Libs love to go wayyyyy out in the weeds but, if someone provides me a forum and "I" provide information, myself, 1st person, not recorded, live. The information is NOT being relayed. Its coming directly from the source.

Also I never said that they laid off employees (I said another business owner did). 1st person, not relayed.

The crux of the thread here is that we are genuinely worried that our state has just hosed many of us and thus itsself. Truthfully I can't think of a service other than national defense and possibly fire protection that I truly value and need. I hope these idiots run this into complete collapse so we can make an attempt to start fresh.

If you'd like to bury your head back into the sand and believe the bulloney being sold in Salem have at it.

"Its a very cunning world of finance professionals out there. If you think that these two tax measures will really force anyone out of business or force people to lay employees off, you just don't understand accounting and finance. A company that lays off employees does it as a result of demand or poor cash flow. NOT <1.3&#37; of additional taxes."

Oregon is about to become the next Michigan. We are taxing our job producers out of existance just like Detroit. Maybe while you argue over little percentage numbers as per taxes you might slip in some big percentage numbers about the unemployed. Oregon is second highest in the nation and the fools that live here just voted to make it worse.

Everyone who voted for this needs to look the unemployed in the eye and tell them what you did, if you have the nerve. How many of you pro taxers work for the state? fess up now or be a coward??

jj

Oh and while you are looking at what Oregon is doing then say goodby to your kids future with what the dems are doing with debt

<broken link removed>

jj

Everyone who voted for this needs to look the unemployed in the eye and tell them what you did, if you have the nerve. How many of you pro taxers work for the state? fess up now or be a coward??

I had to personally lay off a number of my employees this year. Why? significantly reduced demand worldwide for what we make.

How many people have YOU had to personally take to the door this year?

Obviously, I don't work for the State of Oregon.

Oh and while you are looking at what Oregon is doing then say goodby to your kids future with what the dems are doing with debt

<broken link removed>

jj

The last president spent 8 years spending his way from a multi-billion dollar surplus to a trillion dollar deficit.

I'd like you to post or link us to ONE post or link from 2000-2007 that shows that you felt back then that we were "saying goodby to your kids future with what the republicans are doing with debt".

If you can't this is all partisan BS.

The last president spent 8 years spending his way from a multi-billion dollar surplus to a trillion dollar deficit.

I'd like you to post or link us to ONE post or link from 2000-2007 that shows that you felt back then that we were "saying goodby to your kids future with what the republicans are doing with debt".

:s0112::s0112::s0112:I love you guys with your numbers. Say did you know that Obama has spent more in the last year than Bush did in all eight of his years??

You didn't bring that up so I guess you must be partisan for democrat debt. Dems sure love to spend our money, can't steal it quick enough.

jj

well, there was never really a surplus, that has been debated and proven - when you consider unfunded liabilities and off-budget spending. There was almost a budget surplus. Everyone should read Fed Governor Fisher if you want to derail this thread and get a primer on debt. http://www.dallasfed.org/news/speeches/fisher/2008/fs080528.cfm In this scenario, there can never again be a surplus. It is mathematically impossible given nobody can or will cut spending and entitlements enough. So debt is a way of life.

Truthfully I can't think of a service other than national defense and possibly fire protection that I truly value and need.

If you think you don't "need" elementary and secondary education, unemployment insurance, state troopers, road and infrastructure maintenance, and many other state services, you aren't thinking hard enough.

Your "need" isnt always direct.

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top