JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
agreed.
It would have been interesting, because if the SCOTUS heard the case, and ruled that yes the Federal have sole authority to create regulations related to firearms transfers and manufacturing, then it means that many of the various Anti-2A laws enacted by the likes of California, NY, Maryland, Mass, Ct, NJ, and so on, would have to be nullified and voided, because of that. It would also put the onus of proposing new Federal laws onto the Federal Congress, which may or may not be a bad thing, depending of course on who's in it :rolleyes:. BUT on the other hand, if the SCOTUS determined that yes the States have authority to regulate firearms transfers and manufacture, then it would mean the Montana and Kansas bills would have to be validated, and, also... the Anti-2A laws in other States would also be in effect, thereby stating that States can be either more or less restrictive on firearms transfers and manufacturing, with the Federal laws being applied only on interstate transfers
This stuff confuses the heck out me. It seems the states are allowed to make regulation of firearms more strict than fed regs but not less so. So maybe a strong pro gun state needs to press the issue and get it up to the supreme court.

This stuff confuses the heck out me. It seems the states are allowed to make regulation of firearms more strict than fed regs but not less so. So maybe a strong pro gun state needs to press the issue and get it up to the supreme court. In todays environment for oregon i would much rather have the fed regs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top