JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Private transactions aren't "commerce".

"I can assure you that the next time that we do a gun buyback, and we do intend to do another one, we can shut it down," McGinn tells Seattle's Morning News.
I'm going to ask the city council to get authority.' And he found me some authority and we're going to shut it down next time," said McGinn.
Can you say tolitarian?

These lefty mayors have too much in common. Let the criminals run free, disarm their potential victims. This is the same Mayor McGinn who's police force took 23 minutes to respond to a riot that was 6 blocks from the police station last summer. <broken link removed> , despite knowing in advance that there was going to be violence.

Maybe someone should invite the lawyers from the Second Amendment Foundation to swing by during the next buyback that way those that do private party buying and selling in defiance of the mayor would have an attorney on hand to tell the cops and mayor where to stick it. Can you say preemptive strike?

Could buyers just hold up a sign, then complete the transaction in the privacy of a car? This looks toothless, even if it's not challenged in court.

No one can fine you $500 for holding up a sign that says "$$$ for guns."

There's no way this will stand up in court. The mayor and city attorney are just grasping at straws and hoping the threat of a $500 ticket and attorney's fees to fight it will deter buyers who are working with a slim to none profit margin anyway.

YES you can fight city hall,yes the mayor will be over stepping his bounds,yes it can be beat in court.

Now ,who wants to lose his money and guns for the day or month it takes to fight it?
This is how he'll stop it. He'll scare the seller into thinking THEY will go to jail also.And fewer buyers will show cause they won't want possessions confiscated.
Like your car,if they see you doing a buy and decide to stop you.And your carry weapon and your cash.

Maybe you CAN beat it but do you want the expense?

Now I think the private buy back sounds like a pretty good idea.

So take the video cameras when you go!

Wow. I just spent a few minutes reading about this guy on wikipedia. How these people get elected is beyond me. This guy is essentially a SUPER liberal, I thought Gavin Newsom was bad back in California.

Seattle is as or maybe MORE liberal than San Francisco ? I didn't realize that.

Buuuuut! On the plus side, his (failed) buyback DID procure a (disabled display) rocket launcher so hey, THEY GOT A ROCKET LAUNCHER OFF THE STREETS OF SEATTLE!

Seattle is as or maybe MORE liberal than San Francisco ? I didn't realize that.

I was the Chief of Public Safety at Northgate Mall from 1995-1997. As the oldest mall in the US it one of the only places left in our state (at that time) with a private police force. I can't TELL you the number of times we had to drop a case against someone because of the Liberal DA. We couldn't even prosecute folks for trespassing and at the time we were the worst location in Seattle for car thefts. We set up a sting car and then bust someone for stealing that car, also write them up for trespassing, and a couple of hours later guess who'd be back trying to steal another car. So we'd arrest them for trespassing and boom, no charges filed. Don't even get me started on the debacle that was theft/larceny prosecution.

From my conversations with other agencies it wasn't any better at Seattle North (across the freeway from us) or the KKP or KKSO.

I finally resigned in 97 because I was fed up with the whole thing. Now I do computer stuff and make about 5x what I did then. No PERS though :(

I used to do computer stuff like setting up Freightliners SAN and Oracle financials. And I collect my PERS 1 too from 30 years with the WSDOT!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm vested with PERS in two states. Just not the 30 years you are. Still, both will supplement those social security checks nicely some day...if they still pay out by then.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top