JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can see horney or hungry"munchies" even sleepy but violent? Sounds like alcohol or meth. if a substance it to be blamed. But then why do you think they call it dope!

I'm thinking someone wants start restricting dope smokers from owning guns or at least get the narrative going.
Another tool in the anti's tool box perhaps?

Some savaging of Cinnabon rolls and drinking from the milk carton. That's violent, sort of.

I have known pot heads and drunks and I would hang with a pot head any day over a drunk. My pothead friends play video games and are just laid back guys...some are lawyers, computer program designers for huge corporations and with all my experience I have never seen a "pot rage".

I have seen many drunk rages and working downtown I have seen too many tweaker rages. This sounds like a tweaker with the crazy talk and all. Never seen someone high enough on pot to hallucinate such crazy things.
I do not believe it in the least bit

Marijuana is mentioned in the article, and I'm not arguing that the whole weed/guns thing might not become an issue, but it's not like you can't find THC in the blood of probably MOST people arrested for murder. Murders tend to be unsavory people, and unsavory people use drugs, and drug users usually smoke marijuana at least occasionally.

You'll also find that the other 99.999% of marijuana smokers are not actually any more likely to commit murder because of marijuana use. Correlation? Sure. Cause? No.

Saw in the paper today, mentioned as a side note that Colorado murder linked to ingestible type of Marijuana that they say is more potent and causes hallucinations.
I've got no experience with pot candy or drinks. Maybe there is something to it. If someone is on the edge anyway it could push you over I guess.

...but it's not like you can't find THC in the blood of probably MOST people arrested for murder.

Murders (sic) tend to be unsavory people.

Well, I sure would like to see a cite supporting this theory of THC in the systems of MOST people arrested for criminal homicide.

In the course of my job as an investigator, I've known several people convicted of that crime and not only were they not unsavory, it was difficult to believe they could even physically accomplish the task.

Both of those ideas seem to have come from the "bureau of the seat of one's pants" to be polite, and not from facts or personal experience as a police officer, detective or attorney. The murderers I have met were mostly drunk or crazy at the time of their crimes.

Well, I sure would like to see a cite supporting this theory of THC in the systems of MOST people arrested for criminal homicide.

In the course of my job as an investigator, I've known several people convicted of that crime and not only were they not unsavory, it was difficult to believe they could even physically accomplish the task.

Both of those ideas seem to have come from the "bureau of the seat of one's pants" to be polite, and not from facts or personal experience as a police officer, detective or attorney. The murderers I have met were mostly drunk or crazy at the time of their crimes.

Did I phrase that in such a way as to suggest, imply, hint, or even sort of possibly leave open the possibility that I am, was, is, are, might be someday some kind of paid expert on murder?

You should try something more direct/less red-herring... like "well a lot of people might think that, but I have personal experience with 2 murders, which are clearly a representative sample of the tens of thousands of murders that take place in America every year, and I'm not sure how many of them had marijuana in their system because we don't generally give people toxicology screenings when we arrest them for murder unless theres a reason to believe it's relevant to the case."

But since all you wanted to do was plug a vague reference to you being an "investigator," you just didn't have time for all that.

Did I phrase that in such a way as to suggest, imply, hint, or even sort of possibly leave open the possibility that I am, was, is, are, might be someday some kind of paid expert on murder?

You should try something more direct/less red-herring... like "well a lot of people might think that, but I have personal experience with 2 murders, which are clearly a representative sample of the tens of thousands of murders that take place in America every year, and I'm not sure how many of them had marijuana in their system because we don't generally give people toxicology screenings when we arrest them for murder unless theres a reason to believe it's relevant to the case."

But since all you wanted to do was plug a vague reference to you being an "investigator," you just didn't have time for all that.

I am not sure how saying anything about investigating murders is a bad thing. Someone with direct experience giving us input is what the forum is about. I have no issues with someone who has experience in the area giving their 2 cents and how they got that info IE job experience.
That said the whole marijuana thing seems to be a pretty good consensus. I for one do not think it would push someone over the edge and that is from my experience working downtown in charge of a lot of properties that homeless people and junkies tend to try and take shelter in and my job is to kick them out at times. I have never had a pot head get angry when I tell them no smoking that here. I have had a tweaker come at me with a needle when I told them they could not smoke crack in my building stairwell.

When your on the edge, anything can push you over. Psychotic, bipolar people that ingest a concentrated dose of pot? Who knows? I'd like to know more about these new drinks and candy. When I was young I got a hold of some STRONG hashish that gave me a bad reaction.
Normal doses in "normal" (whatever that is!) people seems to mellow a person out though. Maybe a little paranoia on the side.
Chances are this guy was crazy though.

well if he was already paranoid and got pushed over the edge from pot I see no difference in him and a guy that cannot handle drinking and goes crazy. Which happens all the time...this is the first I have ever heard of a violent "pot" crime.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top