JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hard to catch all the colors but......I know there's some Amazon knock offs out there, be careful. Mine's been 100% reliable and left on for days. It's on right now actually. Ambiance LOL.

The garage is my only exclusive space in the house, and I like it that way. Seating is a stool and folding lawn chairs. I have an old mini refrigerator and microwave. Technically, one side of the garage is for my wife to park her van. Unfortunately, that side is permanently occupied by one or more on-going projects and will remain so for the rest of my days. The wife is not allowed to do any cleaning, decorating or 'help' in the garage. If she wants to paint something, she can do it in the house. If it has to come to the garage for refinishing, then I do it.

If the garage was too inviting or comfortable, it might attract women and children*, which would in turn require many changes geared toward cleanliness, comfort, decorations, color coordination, etc. My only concession to comfort is insulation and mini-split for cooling and heating.

*The grandsons are interested in the garage, but circuits to all the large power tools are closed before they arrive. The projects we work on are done with hand tools only, on the workbench I built. The workbench is a svelte 509# and isn't going to fall over. All tools are wiped clean and put away when we're done. Even fun time with the grandkids is a learning time; and someday they will look back and realize I was intentional about it all along.

I usually focus on the hobbies when conceptualizing "the den"...
I would put in a wood stove, if able...

I'd also put up cedar trim at least, maybe over the whole room.
I like the log cabin or English study theme.

If you're a Mosin fan, and space is tight, you could always go for a coffee table.;)
mosin coffee table.jpg

The new house will be primarily the wife's choice and domain, but there will probably be one room that will be a office / music room since the guitars need to be in climate controlled.

The shop lounging area which is what man rooms really are, will feature aviation and classic car art and items for decoration, a vintage Pioneeer sound system, a few neon signs, some old fire department collectibles. Gun safe and a bench for reloading and work, and a couch and couple of chairs.

The rest of the shop will be for working on cars, storing the tractor and whatever thumper rig I end up with.

This may not exactly be "man-room" application, but I had mentioned to a naval architect I work with that if I ever break ground and build my own place from foundation up I had been thinking to have my office made to look like the captain's cabin on a sail frigate... including LCD-display "windows," sound and possibly a false floor mounted to allow some pitch and roll like an actual ship's deck. His response was to suggest HMS Victory's flag bridge as a better model, since ships of the line (especially the big three-deckers) were bigger and had more head-room.

If I won the lotto
A pool table
A bar
Darts - the soft tip kind and the old school darts you could hunt possums with
A table for games - chess, checkers etc
A table for cards
A foosball table
A ice hockey table
My vinyl/cd/dvd/bluray collection
A loud stereo
A giant flat screen tv
Against my better judgement it would be family friendly

I forgot to include at least a small 3 microphone band set with amps, free standing guitar stands, which of course could be moved out in the main portion of the shop for at least a once a year party/jam / bbq function.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top