JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We're all pro-2nd Amendment here, and mostly pro-hunting. I know I consider myself a supporter of both.

That being said... this story really upsets me:

'Big pool of blood': Redmond man shoots cougar in research cage

The short: This IDIOT shoots a cougar that's already trapped in a research cage, and LIES about it being a legal kill. He's only caught in the lie later when the researcher discovers evidence the cougar was shot while trapped inside the cage, which directly contradicts the man's story.

This is the kind of gun owner that ruins it for the rest of us and gives anti-gunners / anti-hunters ammunition for more restrictive laws. He's lucky he got off with only a misdemeanor and community service. If I were the judge, I'd slap him with a felony and strip him of his gun rights. He can bow hunt / spear hunt for the rest of his life for pulling stunts like this for all I care.

Maybe in addition to the $1,300 fine and such ... He ought to lose his hunting privileges.
I like to hunt and have no problem with "fair chase" methods ... but what he did smacks of murder.
If you have to lie about it ... It shows that you know you did wrong.
Andy

"To say I was angry would be a wild understatement." So agree with this sentiment from the researcher! Also I'm glad the reporter didn't call the guy a "hunter". At the least he would be what we used to call a "slob hunter".

Ever seen those vids where they tie up animals and people pay to shoot them? Disgusting!!!!

That disgusts me to no end. That POS probably could track his own down so he had to do it just so he could talk crap to his friends.

Hope they all see him for the pos that he is.

He is just a thug with a gun. Probably used to torture poor defenseless animals when he was younger. Unfortunately he and others like him gve the rest of us a bad name and in doing so make things that much more difficult for the rest of us. As far as even shooting animals that are marked as being studied, in this case having a collar they should not be shot even though there is evidently no law prohibiting it. Just my opinion

I used to feel that way about hunting with dogs. Own dogs, or pay a bunch of money to a guy with dogs. Turn the dogs loose to chase a cougar/bear up a tree. Hike to the tree, aim, shoot. I've since changed my mind about that and will not judge dog hunters, or people that bait dear in the East/Southeast. It seems we're worse off as far as damage done by overpopulation of cougars. And there's well more deer in the places they bait for them. So if that's your thing...

But dood shooting a cougar in a cage and feigning sportsmanship?? :s0123: What a PUTZ!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR