JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Mak 90 made in 93 that is unfired. It has crappy plastic stocks on it and I'd like to replace them. I have seen Magpul used, but information on fitting them is scarce and Magpul shows nothing specifically for this gun. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks, Ken

I have been looking for a new stock for my MAK 90, but do not want to run afoul of section 922r. I have the thumbhole stock and it is a little too thick to get a comfortable grip with. I don't want to modify the grip because I have seen some done with very poor aesthetic results and also don't want to make it subject to breaking or cracking - the wood that they used wasn't the best.

As ASMC1911 said, you need to determine the style of the trunnion.

I have a Mak 90 made in 93 that is unfired. It has crappy plastic stocks on it and I'd like to replace them. I have seen Magpul used, but information on fitting them is scarce and Magpul shows nothing specifically for this gun. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks, Ken

From the Magpul website:
*NOTE: Due to the wide range of tolerances of your typical AK, minor fitting of the stock may be required. Not compatible with Yugo pattern AK's or the Norinco Type 56S/MAK-90 due to differences in the trunnion's tang. Also not compatible with traditional milled receiver rifles.

If I was "fixing" a MAK-90, Ironwood Designs would get my money. As mentioned above you need to determine if you have a straight vs. slant cut receiver.

Luckily 922R is easy to avoid. You can't walk without tripping over all the U.S made parts around.

Slant cut adapters are available. Hell, slant cut AR adapters are available. A RAK-1 or red star arms fcg is 3, so that's 4. You can get a U.S made grip easy, so that's 5. Pretty much done unless you thread the muzzle, but then you just need a U.S handguard or muzzle device anyways.

Course, 922r is weird and difficult to prosecute... As not all parts are marked where they are made. Kinda makes you wonder why they even bother having it outside of just making people spend money. :s0092:

Last Edited:
Course, 922r is weird and difficult to prosecute... As not all parts are marked where they are made. Kinda makes you wonder why they even bother having it outside of just making people spend money. :s0092:

All US parts I've dealt with are clearly marked as US made, that said, I am completely confident not a single person has been or ever will be prosecuted under 922r alone*, it will always be a tag-on charge to the larger prosecutable case. None the less, I do my best to comply, but I still keep plenty of "evil parts" around, just cuz

ETA: *Should anyone knows otherwise please reference source.

Last Edited:
All US parts I've dealt with are clearly marked as US made, that said, I am completely confident not a single person has been or ever will be prosecuted under 922r alone*, it will always be a tag-on charge to the larger prosecutable case. None the less, I do my best to comply, but I still keep plenty of "evil parts" around, just cuz

ETA: *Should anyone knows otherwise please reference source.
I come across plenty U.S made parts that are not marked as such. Both for the AK and FAL. The U.S made pistol grip and pistons used by CAI in the wasr 10/63s weren't marked IICR, and those were made in the U.S. Arsenal furniture isn't marked last time I checked as well. Then there's ironwood designs furniture...

And you won't find otherwise. Closest I saw to a 922r charge was with some Chinese SKS rifles, and 922r wasn't even used. Its impossible to tell, and when it isn't marked its up to the government to tell if its foreign or not (and they can't tell). Its as if they didn't think it through when making the law. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
P.S. I've met you, fitting up the rear stock will be a cinch. Sharp flat file and a sanding block.

P.P.S. All the Maks I have seen from that era had blonde thumb/butthole stocks. Is the plastic that's on it Chinese?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top